The Monster

I couldn't move, my feet were glued tight to the ground and the fear had immobilized my legs completely. For ages I just stood there with my tongue tracing the sharp edges of the new fangs. If I am honest I was probably even more scared than any of the people that stood in the crowd surrounding me, if any of them had a desire to attack my I think the pile of injured bodies was what held them at bay. The reactions of these kids was greatly varied, I mean, a great deal screamed and ran off, some stayed to gawk at the creature before them and others had decide to form a tight wall that allowed no escape and were shouting insults and calling me names such as 'Freak' or 'Filthy dog'. 

I was terrified, if they all rushed on at the same time I would be done for and god knows what they would do to me once I was down. I was backing slowly into my original corner without even realizing in an attempt to escape the shouting  and screaming. It was like someone was gradually turning up the volume, higher and higher until I eventually had to put my hands over my ears shut my eyes tight in an attempt to block it out. 

'Argh the noise!!!' My head was being bombarded with all of these sounds and words, I couldn't even understand what was being said anymore and before I knew it I was crouching close to the ground in utter defeat, it was like someone was pounding my head with a sledge hammer from the inside. "STOP!!!" I didn't cry, instead Alice did. I lifted my eyelids just a bit to see Alice stood just in front of my tiny form in a defensive stance. 'Why aren't you scared of me?' I thought. 

"This is ridiculous, she gets attacked and you all start ganging up on her!!" She wasn't going to let anyone touch me. "She is a monster!" Someone shouts from the crowd, a host of people mutter their agreements and the wall comes closer around us but despite this I feel like the volume is being turned down again. I feel with my tongue for the point of my canines but this time I can't find them, they were completely gone?! 

"She isn't a monster, look." Says Alice and she grabs one of my arms and hauls me up beside her like she is showing me off to the crowd, I saw just before that she glanced at my face and gave a quick nod as if to knowledge that I was safe. Most of the crowd gasped upon seeing me. "see, she is normal." She laughed a little at the end which was when most of the people accepted defeat. Others kept on shouting but the rest eventually managed to convince them or at least temporarily get them to shut their mouths. 

"Come on" She whispered in my ear and dragged me through a path that people had made for use to escape the crowd, I was breathing heavily and sweating like absolute crazy. From what I could gather my eyes must be back to normal now and because those boys attacked me first I couldn't be punished for fighting back but I doubt many of those kids will forget what they saw, what they saw being me beating up a group of year 11's whilst looking scarily like a werewolf.

I am just glad Alice was there to save me.