A True Friend

We quickly left the humming of noise far behind us and rounded a corner of the main building out of their sight. Our aim was to get to the bathrooms and talk there away from all of the confused people. I was drenched in sweat that plastered my shirt to my back as well as still shaking like an earthquake, I was not in any state to answer questions about whether I was a werewolf or not. We made it there, only just avoiding one of the patrolling teachers that made their rounds through the corridors like prison guards, and I sprinted to the mirror checking for any sign of the yellow eyes or fangs. 

I switched on the cold tap and cupped my hands bellow it to catch the stream icy water and splash it onto me face. I did this a few times and then took a few moments to compose myself again whilst Alice waited patiently in the corner with arms folded and a blank look across her face. When I was ready to talk she unfolded her arms and walked closer, expecting an explanation to what the hell happened out there? I looked her in the eyes and told her "I'm sorry, I really didn't know that was going to happen and I didn't even realise what was going on and why they were all staring until I looked in the mirror." 

She nodded her head once, her face was still pretty blank. "So are you a werewolf then, and if so why didn't you tell me?" I could tell she was slightly hurt by the fact that I hadn't trusted her with the information of what I really was but I think that its pretty fair to say that wasn't my fault because I didn't even know I was a werewolf. "Alice you have to believe me, I hadn't a clue that I was a werewolf before just now!" My eyes were begging her to see that I wasn't lying. For a little bit she studied my face before announcing "Ok, I believe you but now we have to figure out what to do about all of those people."

'Damn she is right, what should I say?' Well talked over a few solutions and thought that maybe we should put it down to the light reflecting funny and making my eyes an odd colour, as for beating up those people I guess we could let them think I was just a fair bit stronger than I looked. 'It'll at least stop em trying to mess with me' I thought and chuckled under my breath. Then something occurred to me and I cautiously asked Alice "Why aren't you scared like them? I mean, why are you helping me instead?" 

"That's simple" She said as if it was obvious "I was scared at first but when I looked at you, I mean, really looked at you it was clear how scared you were of everyone else. You are still my friend after all and I was pretty sure you were not going to hurt me and those other people were more likely to attack you than the other way around" It was comforting to think that I still had my bestfriend by my side and she could see the truth, we left the bathroom and went to find a teacher to tell about me being attacked, leaving out the part about me being a werewolf of course. All of those boy eventually got suspended for a good amount of time and I had gain respect from the other students although fear of me also came with that. So many rumors went around, some close to what really happened and some talking about Aliens and ray guns and god knows what else. I was glad my parents took me home early that day.