How things began with the Insane man

The catch is, not everyone can see the forest like I do. Down in the forest for them it is actually quiet nice, there are beautiful streams glistening in the sunshine that streams through the canopy, plots of land housing donkeys, horses, cows and noisy chickens and numerous secret dens built by innocent young children. The reason its so different is they don't know about the dark magic, in this case ignorance really is bliss because if someone tells you about the daemons and you believe them, you are screwed. Once you know the daemons are there, the forest loses its pleasant facade and shows its true form, a forest full of monsters, evil spirits and infested with magic.

The way I became able to see them is sheer bad luck really. I was trudging my way back from another long day at school and not really paying any attention to the world. I had accidentally left my ear phones at home on my desk so I instead was lost in a land of make-believe mainly concerned with terrific dragons and wars between magical creatures. Strolling past the path to the forest I ,of course, thought nothing of it; didn't even glance at it. That was until a crazed and homeless man (At least that is what I thought, I didn't really get a good look) sprinted from the path, eyes engulfed in fear, and grabbed me by the blazer. He was shaking and sweating even though the day was rather mild and when I looked over his shoulder I couldn't see evidence of anything chasing him. He was stumbling backwards off the pavement and dragging me with him onto the road.

He was spluttering and drawing frequent, shaky breaths that ,when he exhaled, fanned across my face with the distinct smell of rotten food and pungent breath overwhelming my nose. He finally managed to regain his breath for just a moment and seized the time to scream in my face "The daemons, the monsters, they hide in the woods!! Evil hides in the woods!!!" I was to busy trying to wriggle free that I didn't quiet process what he said enough to think of how insane he must be, instead, my mind decided to believe the fiery eyes and aching words. I looked back at the path and this time, I could see the shadowy figures with-held at the border with blood red eyes fixed on us and I wide grin cut into their faces. I didn't even notice the car coming around the corner. 

The man was killed in the collision. I escaped with only minor injuries. But I will never forget what I saw in the woods and even if I wanted to, I can't, because they will know and they will be waiting for me at the path with wild smiles and blazing eyes to make sure the picture never escapes my mind.