Chapter 16- After His Death

My Heart’s Desire © (Werewolf Romance)

All Rights Reserved©

 Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, downloading, uploading, printing, displaying, reproducing, republishing, licensing, posting, transmitting, distributing or performing in part or in whole of any aspect of this book will constitute an infringement of copyright.

Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

Chapter 16

This backtracks to when Tristan dies all the way to before the funeral.

Marie walked aimlessly around the house. Noah had to drag her away from Tristan’s unmoving body as men from the mortuary walked in. They were here to collect the other bodies and Noah called down to them to come get Tristan.

She forcefully pulled away from his grip and began to walk around. Marie ended up in front of Tristan’s room. His scent wafted up to her through the door crack.

With weak, hesitant hands she turned the knob and walked in, slowly shutting the door behind her.  There were random shirts on the floor and on chairs. His suitcases were open along the wall as he hadn’t fully unpacked.

His bed was still unmade and Marie crawled in and wrapped herself in the blankets. Tristan’s scent surrounded her and covered her with comfort. The tears began to fall as she realized that his scent would fade and then she’d have no reminder of what Tristan smelt like.

Marie started to remember how well she had been doing with Noah and she was one step away from getting over Tristan. She loved Noah but now her heart also called for Tristan.

“He’s dead Marie, if you never had the strength to get over him and move on you need to do it now. You need to let him go Marie. He’s in a better place, just let him go Marie.”  Marie spoke out loud to herself.

She needed to let him go now but losing Tristan was still too fresh. “Just a couple days then I’ll let him go.”

Marie sounded crazy talking to herself but she couldn’t think inside her head. It was foggy and clouded and didn’t let her think.

Marie could sense the loud noise that the pack house always had but she wasn’t there with them.  It was as if her body was submerged in water, she could tell there was life and movement around her but in the water, Marie was alone and calm. Nothing could touch her in there.

Marie’s body crumpled into a ball as memories she had buried came back.

Tristan pulled her hand running around the field of flowers. Marie was laughing loudly and suddenly Tristan had turned and picked her up bridal style and started spinning. The wind lifted her hair up and the sun warmed her face as laughed happily. Tristan was laughing as well as he gazed down at her face.