Chapter 15- I will let you go

My Heart’s Desire © (Werewolf Romance)

All Rights Reserved©

 Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, downloading, uploading, printing, displaying, reproducing, republishing, licensing, posting, transmitting, distributing or performing in part or in whole of any aspect of this book will constitute an infringement of copyright.

Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

 Listen to the song while reading!!! ---->

Chapter 15

Marie’s sobs echoed around the silent house. Everyone had figured out what was happening and were respecting her pain. She gripped the hand that was slowly losing its warmth and lifted it to her face.

Noah had a cloth pressed tightly to Tristan’s wound. The rogues were armed and Tristan was now dying.

“Marie…” Tristan croaked lowly. “Marie.”

 Quickly, she wiped her tears and leaned forward to level her face with his. “I’m here, Tristan, im here. I’ll always be here.”

His half lidded eyes rested on her and a ghost of a smile laced his lips. “Im sorry Marie,” he choked out.

“Shh, it’s okay. Don’t worry; I forgave you a long time ago.” She whispered between tears.

Tristan stared at her before lifting the other hand that Marie wasn’t holding, to her face and caressed her cheek softly.

“I love you,” Tristan’s eyes brimmed with tears, “I’ve always loved you and I always will. You’re my whole world and if I had another chance I’d make it up to you but I know that it’s too late.”

Tristan looked up to Noah who looked uncomfortable, “Please take care of her and continue making her as happy as you have so far.”

Noah nodded and looked at his hands that struggled to keep the blood from pouring out of Tristan’s heart.

“Tristan, im so sorry—“Marie cried as she buried her face on his chest.

“Shh, it’s going to be okay Marie. Noah will look after you and so will I.”  Tristan weakly brushed her hair to sooth her.

Marie thought how it was supposed to be the other way around but she didn’t know how to let go of him yet.  She was barely trying to move on and now he was going to get ripped from her without warning.  Her hand clutched his shirt under his heart. Her hand brushed Noah’s and she froze for a moment before she decided she didn’t care. Her mate was dying; she didn’t have time to worry about what Noah thought.

Marie slowly raised her head and met Tristan’s sad eyes, “I love you Tristan.” She whispered as he gave his last smile, his heart finally slowed, his breathing ceased and his eyes slipped closed.  Marie leant forward and kissed his lips for the last time.

**

The early morning sounds sounded loud to Marie’s ears as she and the rest of the pack walked down the cemetery to the empty burial plots that had heavy coffins next to them. About ten people had died the day before during the fight. The priest started his sermon for the fallen as family hugged each other whilst the heart wrenching sobs sounded all around her.

Noah was walking quietly next to her and it couldn’t have been anymore awkward and stood next to her without touching. They hadn’t said a word to each other since the fight yesterday and it was eating away at her. But all that seemed senseless because her heart still ached from remembering Tristan death. 

Her stiff body represented exactly how she felt on the inside. Numb, confused and still; it felt like her heart stopped with Tristan’s. She couldn’t feel it beating.

She knew what he had done to her was wretched and despicable but he was her first love and she didn’t know how to deal with it.

People had tried speaking with her but she wouldn’t listen to them, to anyone. She dodged speaking with Noah; she needed to be left alone to deal with her pain and the gaping hole in her chest. She came to a halt in front of the empty graves.

Marie scanned all the coffins not knowing which one was Tristan’s.  The priest started to name off the brave men that had perished as they were slowly lowered into the ground.  As there was only one coffin left she approached it, it was the only one left and had to be Tristan’s.  She bent and picked up a hand full of dirt.

 "We therefore commit Christopher Marquez’ body to the ground; earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust; in the sure and certain hope of the Resurrection to eternal life." The priest’s words had her freezing and looking up at him.

“What?” she looked around and Marissa approached her.

“We’ve been trying to tell you Marie. Tristan isn’t being buried.” Marissa gave her a small smile.

“How can you be happy about that? Why are they not burying him?”

Marie was starting to become hysterical and Marissa and Amy dragged her away from the other mourning persons.

“Tristan deserves to have eternal rest! Why is he not being buried right now? Did he want to be cremated?” She pleaded as a fresh batch of tears tracked down her cheeks.

“Don’t talk about me like im not here.” Marie’s eyes widened as she spun around and came face to face with Tristan.

She stumbled over her words as Tristan stood gloriously in front of her, alive. “How?” she finally managed to squeak.

“I guess God didn’t want me yet so he sent me back.” He chuckled and Marie tackled him, hugging him with all her strength.

“I can’t believe it.” Marie cried onto his shoulder. “How are you alive?”

“I’ll explain later,” He hugged her back just as tight, burying his head on her shoulder. “I love you Marie,” he whispered. “Im so sorry for putting you through this.”

“Why didn’t anyone tell me!” she shrieked turning to look at her smiling friends whilst she still held onto Tristan.

“We all tried! But you wouldn’t listen to us,” chuckled Amy.

Her accusing gaze moved to Tristan. “I couldn’t get up until right now; I couldn’t tell you even if I wanted I was still too weak.”

Marie pulled back remembering his wound and apologizing. “Don’t fret, im all healed.”

She just stared at him in bewilderment; her mind couldn’t comprehend how he was standing up when he died in front of her. He bent slowly and captured her lips with his. The scorching kiss had her stomach rupturing with contained passion and bliss.

When they finally pulled away to breathe a face slammed into her mind.

Noah.