chapter 2- Michigan

My Heart’s Desire © (Werewolf Romance)

All Rights Reserved©

 Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, downloading, uploading, printing, displaying, reproducing, republishing, licensing, posting, transmitting, distributing or performing in part or in whole of any aspect of this book will constitute an infringement of copyright.

Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

My Heart's Desire

Chapter 2

Marie woke up gasping and sweating. That day, three years ago, still haunted her life and has kept repeating itself through her dreams every day. She left Colorado for Michigan to get away; yet he was still with her. 

She slowly lifted herself up and glanced at the clock, 5:00 am. She quickly took a shower and changed into a white blouse with a black pencil skirt.

 Grabbing her purse and keys she paused to turn and look at the man sleeping next to her, Noah. She quickly shuffled over to his side of the bed and placed a tender kiss to his forehead and pulled away.

 Noah groggily sat up and opened one arm while rubbing at his sleepy eyes with the other. Marie sat down on his lap and rested her head against his chest.

 “Going to work already babe?” murmured Noah as he gently wrapped his arms around Marie.

 “Yeah” she took a deep sigh, “We had a new case come in yesterday so I have to be there earlier.”

 Noah nodded and kissed her lips softly; “I’m going to miss you.”

 “Me too. Are we still going out tonight?” Marie asked as she pulled away to look at her sleepy boyfriend.

 “Of course!” he grinned widely and squeezed her tightly, “That is if you still want to go?”

 “Mhmm. I do.” Marie pulled herself from his lap and gave him a small smile before pecking his lips.

 “I’ll see you later” she called back to Noah as she walked out the door and down the stairs. Getting into her car she let a small tear escape.

 No matter how much she cared about the man sleeping upstairs in her room she just couldn’t bring herself to forget Tristan.

 He meant everything to her and her heart still pounded furiously at the mere thought of him.

 Her wolf howled for her mate; but she knew they could never be together. Tristan had a wife, a chosen mate and a son.

 He didn’t belong to her anymore, he never did.

 She quickly buried all the sadness inside herself and drove off to the law firm she now worked in. She was the boss’s assistant and was getting quite a large sum of money for that.

 Marie walked into the office and headed straight to Mr. Hudson’s door.

 Jessica, the secretary, gave her the thumbs up sign and Marie groaned. That only meant one thing; Mr. Hudson was in a foul mood.

 The door flung open and Mr. Hudson stormed out with his nostrils flaring at Jessica.

 “You forgot to send the contract over to D.A.R.S. Corp! Do you know how much we all depend on that case! You useless brat; hurry and send it now!” Mr. Hudson, or Bob, roared at Jessica and she hurriedly scurried off mumbling.

 “And You!” he then turned to glare at Marie. “You’re late!”

 Marie tiredly rubbed her forehead and gave him a disdained look. “Actually, Bob im two hours early. I know how much this case means to you. Plus, you never even gave Jessica the contract to send. It’s still in your second drawer.

 Bob furrowed his eyebrows and huffed, stomping his way back into his office with Marie in tow.

***

 Marie walked through her front door and landed in a heap on the couch. It had been a grueling twelve hour day at work and she just wanted to sink in a hot bubble bath to relieve all her stress.

 “Marie?” she heard Noah call out from the kitchen and she just hummed to give him a response.

 Noah walked out in only shorts and made his way over to her.

 “How was work?” He asked her as he pulled her heals off and started to give her a foot rub.

 “Awful.” She whispered back. “How was your day at work?”

 “It was alright. We had so many patients come in.” Noah continued to rub her feet until she pulled them away and gave him a kiss.

 “Thank you” she murmured against his lips.

 “Are you sure you still want to go out? We can go out tomorrow when you’re less tired.”

Marie shook her head and insisted on going out with him tonight. She knew for a fact that the rest of the week was going to be worse on her.

 She climbed up the stairs while Noah barked from downstairs letting her know he was going for a run.

 Sighing, Marie turned on the shower and memories of Tristan automatically hit her. She allowed tears to escape since they would run down the drain once she finished.

 No matter how much Noah loved her; she couldn’t return it with full force. He couldn’t make her forget about her mate’s betrayal.