Chapter14- Full Chapter

My Heart’s Desire © (Werewolf Romance)

All Rights Reserved©

 Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, downloading, uploading, printing, displaying, reproducing, republishing, licensing, posting, transmitting, distributing or performing in part or in whole of any aspect of this book will constitute an infringement of copyright.

Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

Chapter 14- Full chapter

The pack house was in full chaos as the women ran around gathering all the children and herding them to the safe room in the basement. The men had run out and shifted following the scent of the man that had fallen unconscious back to where he was obviously attacked by rogues. As indicated from the scent that coated the injured man.

Vicious growls and painful howls filled the air. A large group of rogue wolves were attacking and they had managed to creep closer whilst the guard that got injured ran back to alert the rest of the pack.

Robert had ordered the women, children and elderly to the basement. He left two men guarding the basement entrance and a group of them around the house; to protect the people inside in case a rogue managed to escape.

Marie sat with Amy and Marissa biting her nails. Her stomach was a fury of wild knots and her heart was pounding furiously. She felt nauseas with nerves; she didn’t want anyone she cared about to get hurt…even Tristan.

Marissa was bawling her eyes out and Amy was frozen. Marie had an arm around Marissa’s shoulder as her own leg bounced annoyingly. Her wolf wanted to be let out to go fight with the men.

She didn’t understand why they had to be let locked up to be kept safe. She could fight with them as well as numerous other women that were arguing with the guards to let them go fight. Together they could bring the rogues down faster.

Two hours passed and there was no word from the ones that went to go kill the rogues.

Marie’s head was full of different crazy scenarios of the fight currently happening. Many of them included Noah getting mangled and killed by a vicious, snarling rogue. She shook her head to clear those absurd but possible thoughts. She had to have more faith in Noah; he was strong and a heck of a fighter.

Her heart clenched at the thought of losing him. He had healed her, mended her heart and given her many reasons to smile. Life without him sounded like pure torture.

Suddenly an unexpected image flashed in her eyes where she saw Tristan and another wolf rolling around and snapping at each other. Fear poured onto her and burnt like salt on a wound; making her whole being tremble with dread of losing Tristan.

“No, no no. Not him, please don’t take him from me God. Please don’t!” she screamed internally. She saw the wolf launch onto his back as Tristan was struggling to stand back up.  The wolf knocked him down and positioned himself as he went for Tristan’s throat. Blood matted Tristan’s fur but the fury in his eyes made the other wolf hesitate before he latched down on his neck quickly and violently snapped it.

A scream woke Marie and she realized it was her own. Her clammy skin was pale and her friends Marissa and Amy fretted above her.

“Are you okay?” Marissa asked anxiously.

“I—“Marie was cut off as thundering footsteps entered the house.

The whole room froze waiting to see if the new visitors were friends or foes. The guards through the door open and let the women breathe in relief.

“Everyone can come out now. The threat was eliminated.” One of them yelled down.

Everyone rushed to their feet and ran up to check on their loved ones. Marie on the other hand just sat there. She wasn’t sure when she had dozed off and dreamt of Tristan. Marie was scared of what she was going to see and what was worse was that she was to chicken to go confirm her bad feeling; or deny, she had to be positive. With that thought she stood shakily and climbed the stairs slowly.

The stench of blood filled her nostrils and she wished she had stayed down in the basement. There were women and uninjured men running around with first aid kits to tend to wounds; as the Pack doctor made his way around.

Her eyes frantically searched for Tristan and Noah but she couldn’t see them. She raced up stairs and checked her room for Noah but he was nowhere in sight. She dodged women in the halls as they ran into their own tending to their mates. She ended up at the end of the hall and labored breathing could be heard by a shallow heartbeat. Two scents wafted up to her nose as she immediately recognized them as Noah’s and Tristan’s.

Her body froze and she didn’t know whose heartbeat was slowing down and who was rushing around to stop the gurgling blood out of a wound.

Her small hand pushed the parted door and kept her eyes closed and her head down as she approached the bed. The other person stopped for a second and continued to move around her. As he quickly walked around her to press a wet cloth to the wound, his scent made her realize who was on the brink of death; she fell to her knees next to the bed.

Heart-wrenching sobs broke through her as she rested her forehead on the bed—the same bed that held her dying love.