chapter 3- Invitation

The picture on the side is how I envision Marie except with brown hair. *i do not own the picture! i just found it on google.* 

 My Heart’s Desire © (Werewolf Romance)

All Rights Reserved©

 Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, downloading, uploading, printing, displaying, reproducing, republishing, licensing, posting, transmitting, distributing or performing in part or in whole of any aspect of this book will constitute an infringement of copyright.

Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

Chapter 3

Marie brushed her hair over her shoulder with her hands and took a steadying breath.

 “Marie?” she heard Noah call out from the stairs.

 “Im going!” Marie looked back into the mirror and forced a smile on her face. Today was their two year anniversary. She couldn’t let her own ever present sadness ruin Noah’s happiness.

 She glanced down at her short silver dress with a bow on her waist. It was simple but still pretty. Marie felt overdressed but Noah had specifically told her to dress formal.

 Marie hurried out of the room and down the stairs to where Noah awaited with his jaw wide open.

 “You look beautiful” he whispered out and Marie couldn’t help but blush.

 “Thanks you don’t look too bad yourself” she responded while checking him out in a black fitting suit.

 “For you Marie” Noah handed her flowers which she took an appreciative breath to smell the roses.

 “Thank you” she soon placed the roses in a vase and they rushed out of the house.

 Noah being the perfect gentleman he is held her hand and opened the passenger door. Marie grimaced but didn’t show her face to Noah as she did so.

 All the things Noah did carelessly reminded her of Tristan. The way he would open doors, hold her hand and give a gentle squeeze and look at her with eyes full of love.

 Love that she could never return. Yes, she cared about Noah; but she couldn’t bring herself to love him.  Marie would like to trick her mind into thinking she did but she knew deep down that her heart does and will always belong to Tristan.

 “Where are we going?” she asked with a small smile.

 “It’s a surprise love.” Marie quickly turned away to look out at the passing trees.

 Noah sighed loudly next to her but didn’t comment on anything.

 Noah quickly pulled up to a very fancy and expensive restaurant and ran to the passenger door. But Marie was quicker and was already standing outside.

 “Why don’t you let me be a gentleman” he muttered.

 “Just. I don’t like all that stuff; I already know you’re wonderful.” Marie smiled one of her genuine smiles since it was true.

 Noah faintly saw a glimpse of happiness in her eyes and smiled as well. It wasn’t every day that he would see Marie truly smile at him.

 Sometimes he would catch her day dreaming with a small smile on her face but a tear would soon follow. He knew that Marie was still pained about her ex-mate Tristan. Yet, no matter what Noah did; he could never get her to open up about her past. When they had first met she was a wreck; crying, with her eyes all swollen.