chapter 1- Claim Me

My Heart’s Desire © (Werewolf Romance)

All Rights Reserved©

 Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, downloading, uploading, printing, displaying, reproducing, republishing, licensing, posting, transmitting, distributing or performing in part or in whole of any aspect of this book will constitute an infringement of copyright.

Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author. 

 My Heart's Desire

Chapter 1 ( as read on Claim Me)

Marie sat in the uncomfortable diner booth.  She twirled her fingers over and over again. Her nervousness was taking over her whole being; she didn’t know what was happening.  All she had gotten that morning was a short text from her boyfriend.

“Meet at Love’s Diner. 7pm.”

 She wasn’t sure what this was about but at least it wasn’t the typical ‘we need to talk’.  The door’s bell tinkled and her gaze snapped up to her boyfriend, Tristan.  He had a grimace on his face and he looked down as soon as their eyes met.

She sighed; remembering when they had first met.

**Flashback**

 “Marie! Hurry up we’re going to be late!” yelled her friend Marissa.

Marie ran, struggling to keep up with her friends whilst tugging up the zipper on her jacket.

“Im going, sheesh Marissa, I don’t know what the rush is.” Marissa just rolled her eyes and unlocked her truck.

“It’s the last party of the year. That’s enough of a reason. How come you’re not excited?” Marissa questioned her as she shoved the keys in the ignition.

“I am; it’s just its freezing outside and im in a short dress. Besides, the party will still be there in 20 minutes.”

Marissa scoffed and looked disapprovingly at her friend; “Marie, there will be less alcohol in 20 minutes. Anyways, you know Jonathan is already there and I can’t wait to see him!” Marissa’s eyes clouded over as she thought about her mate.

“Jonathan will still be there in 20 minutes Marissa.” 

“Yeah, yeah, yeah you’re just saying that because you haven’t found yours yet. Trust me when you do; your whole life will feel complete. You’ll want to be with them 24/7.” Marissa was already flooring it down the road.

Marie went quiet as she thought; she didn’t think she’d ever find him. She was already eighteen and all of her friends had been happily mated by age of sixteen.

Always feeling out of place and alone; had her shrinking back in the seat. She wondered if she’d ever feel complete and wanted. Wanted in that special way that left you breathless. To be kissed deeply and passionately; and holding on to someone as if her life depended on it.

“I don’t think I’ll ever find him Marissa.” She faced her briefly and went back to staring out of the window. “He should have been in my life by now; im honestly thinking about turning into a nun.”

Marissa’s laughter filled the truck, “Oh, yeah, that’d definitely work. You’re the number one party animal our school has.”

Marie shrugged, if only they knew why she got wasted in every party.  She was trying to drown out her feelings; her depression. She had years of practice, of hiding her feelings. Marie thought her best friend truly didn’t know her.