chapter 4- Locked away

My Heart’s Desire © (Werewolf Romance)

All Rights Reserved©

 Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, downloading, uploading, printing, displaying, reproducing, republishing, licensing, posting, transmitting, distributing or performing in part or in whole of any aspect of this book will constitute an infringement of copyright.

Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

Chapter 4

“Angel, are you sure? I think Bob can manage without you for two weeks.” Noah stared directly in her eyes and saw fear flicker in them before she turned away.

“Yeah, Noah you know this case is very important to the firm and to me. It’s a chance for me to prove that I am efficient in these types of situations and hopefully Bob can give me a raise and that letter or recommendation I need for law school.” Marie placed her head in her hands and sighed.

She wasn’t technically lying. All those things she said were true but she was scared to go back and see everyone.

The thing she feared the most was seeing Tristan and she didn’t want to put herself in that position. What if they were going out to dinner or to buy something in town and they ran into him?

Tristan lives in Washington… Tristan lives in Washington. Marie kept chanting to herself over and over again in her head.

Now boarding for flight 319 to Colorado Springs, Colorado” the intercom interrupted what Noah was about to say and he sighed loudly.

Marie stood up from the chair and pecked him on the lips. “Im going to miss you” she whispered to him.

“Im going to miss you too. But at least you’re going to be there next week right?” Noah pulled back from the embrace they were in.

“Of course, I’ll see you next week when we close the case.”

“Last call for flight 319 for Colorado Springs, Colorado.”

Noah pulled Marie back to his lips for a more heated kiss and then walked away leaving her dazed.

Marie stared dumbfounded at the window in the airport terminal watching the plane take off. She couldn’t get that scorching kiss out of her mind when Noah left.

If he wasn’t leaving she would have jumped his bones immediately. Marie smirked as she walked away shaking her head. Noah was such a tease; leaving her like that so when she flew out to Colorado they’d have a whole night to themselves.

Or nights if she had it her way. 

Then Colorado smacked into her face again and her earlier worries flooded her once more.

She had lied to Noah saying that Bob didn’t let her go this week because of the case when in reality she only asked for the other week off.

Marie didn’t want to be two full weeks down there and she worked her magic to where she would only be stuck for one week.

Noah wasn’t too happy about leaving her behind but made her promise to make it out by the end of the week.

Marie dropped to her couch when she arrived home and thought of the past week since Noah received that call from his mother.

*Flashback*

Marie sat on the couch for a few more minutes while she tried to calm her erratic heart. Colorado, she was going back to Colorado.