chapter 6- Wish come true

My Heart’s Desire © (Werewolf Romance)

All Rights Reserved©

 Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, downloading, uploading, printing, displaying, reproducing, republishing, licensing, posting, transmitting, distributing or performing in part or in whole of any aspect of this book will constitute an infringement of copyright.

Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

Chapter 6

Noah was having a blast reconnecting with all his old friends and cousins that he hadn’t seen since he was a kid.

His mother was a part of the pack here in Colorado Springs, Colorado called The Dark Moon Pack. Noah was sipping on some fresh made lemonade that the Alpha Female made whilst watching the pups running around.

“Hey man!” Noah’s attention was adverted as he watched his childhood friend Ralph walk up to him.

“Ralph, what’s up?” Noah greeted as they did the man-hug.

“Not much, I just got back with Amy from our trip down in Venezuela. You? Where’s your lucky girl?” They walked over to sit down on the porch swing bench.

Noah smiled just by picturing Marie’s smiling face. “My Angel is arriving sometime today. She was supposed to come down with me a week ago but she needed to stay at her law firm for some special case.” Noah shrugged and took another drink of lemonade.

“Her name’s Angel?” Ralph asked with mild curiosity.

“Ralph!” The boys looked over to see girls rushing over to them.

“Hey babe” Ralph stood and hugged a pretty blonde girl with brown highlights; her hair cut in a small bob.

“Noah this is Amy, my mate, and this is, Marissa, one of my best friends.” Noah shook both girls’ hands. He had already seen Marissa around with his cousin Jonathon.

“Nice to meet you ladies” Noah flashed them a smile.

Marissa smiled sadly, “Our other best friend was Marie. She left years ago though.” Noah furrowed his eyebrows. They couldn’t be talking about his Marie could they? He opened his mouth to ask her last name when his phone buzzed in his pockets.

He flipped his phone open as the girls started to chat with Ralph right in front of him. The text was from Marie and he smiled.

“Hey guys what’s the address? My girlfriend’s almost here.” Noah asked them and they quickly told him as he typed it to Marie.

“What happened to your best friend Marie? Why did she leave?” Noah asked as he leant against the back porch railing as he gazed out onto the BBQ party.

He noticed Ralph clench his fists and jaw and look out into the distance.

“Some dumbass hurt her and she left” grumbled Marissa just as her mate Jonathon came and wrapped his arms around her.

“Have you all talked to her since?” Noah’s phone buzzed again with a text saying she was just parking out front.

“Nope. She changed her number and never came back” answered Ralph.

“She was so much fun, I miss her.” Confessed Jonathon and Marissa leant her back to rest in the crook of his neck.

“Have you ever looked for her?” Noah studied them and saw that they truly did miss their Marie which just so happened to have a few similarities with his Marie.

“She disappeared off the radar.” Muttered Amy, “At first we thought something bad happened to her but then that douchebag came and told us what he did.”

“I just wish we could see her again” whispered Marissa.

They were all facing the backyard and forest after what Marissa said; when a familiar scent prickled at Noah’s nose.  

“Well you don’t have to wish anymore. Im here” Noah smiled as Marie’s arms wrapped around from behind him and the others turned around so fast; he thought they must’ve gotten whiplash.

“Marie?!” yelled Marissa before launching herself at her old best friend.