Chapter 20 Cabin (J)

Chapter 20

As soon as I left Megan's new house I called my dad and told him I was running late. When I got home they already had my bags packed and in the car. Chase and his parents were also there waiting for me.

We all packed into Chase's parents SUV and took off.

"So Jake, where were you?" My dad asks 20 minutes into the drive.

"My friend Megan from school is going through hell," My mom have me a glare, but I ignored her and kept talking. "right now. I was just helping her out."

I wasn't sure if I could tell them about what Megan is going through.

"Well what is 'hell'." My mom quoted.

Well Megan is probably never going to meet them... and she didn't tell me not to tell anyone, but Chase is here looking at me anxiously.

"Her dad died a long time ago her mom works all the time and never has time for them. She has to take care of her little sister Axle who cuts herself and needs special help. Then a couple nights ago her mom beat Axle. This morning Megan rushed out of class to go to the hospital where Axle was. I followed her and gave her a ride because she doesn't have a car and walks every where. When we got there we found out that Axle has to go to a mental hospital and when she gets out she will move in to a foster home which Megan just moved into today."

The shock was so clear on everyone's face. They were all thinking it was just some high school drama.

"Jake that is absolutely horrible and I am so glad you were there for her." My mom praises.

"But dude she is hot." Chase says.

"What does that have to do with anything you idiot?" I ask him.

"Well how could someone so sexy have a hard life? I thought she would be rich and have a sexy mom who is a porn star!" I can see the excitement in his eyes as he thinks about it. "And one day Megan would follow in her mom's footsteps."

"Chase Matthew Christopherson!" His mother scolds him from the passenger seat.

"Jake," My dad interrupts, "We could be her foster family."

"What?"

"We have done it once before you were born, so we are qualified."

"Isn't there a rule about banging your foster sister?" Chase asks in a serious tone.

At this his mom can't even scold him through her fit of laughter.

My dad looks at Chase smiling, "Boy how can you say such things, in front of your parents, with such a serious face and tone?"

"Because it's a serious question."

That only makes the adults start laughing again.

"Well to answer your question, yes there is a rule about that. Jake and Megan would not be able to date."

"Then no." I tell them. " She can stay where she is."

"Jake!" my mom yells.

"What?"

"How could you say that? Just because you like her you would have her stay with strangers?"

"Mom it would be weird and awkward to have her at our house. Having a crush on your sister is kind of frowned upon." By now I'm sure my face is a deep red, because of confessing my feelings to my parents.

"What happened to Kelsey?"

Chases dad asks.

"Oh oh!" Chase starts jumping out of his seat. "Can I tell him?"