Chapter 9 Trouble (M)

Chapter 9 Megan

I feel like everyone here knows what happened last night. Some how they all know. The neighbor saw and told everyone, some one was walking their dog and took pictures.

Half way through health Jake breaks through my trance.

"A bunch of people went to the club last night. You should have came."

"What's the club? and I don't really know anyone I would feel left out and I was kind of busy." Does Jake suspect what happened?

"Oh we'll maybe next monday. What where you doing?" He asks causally enough.

"My Grandma came to look at our new house," I lie.

Images from last night swarm my mind. I can't hold this in. I have to talk to some one about it, but I don't know who. Jake is the closest thing I have to a friend here. Courtney, how could I have forgot about her!

I pull out my phone an text her

Hey Court. Things aren't any better here. Axle had a bad break down last night. What am I suppose to do? My mom can't afford a doctor or more medicine. Nothing seems to be helping her. What if she goes to far one time?'

I hit send and glance at Jake to make sure he didn't see any of that. He is looking straight ahead at the teacher.

"Does she like it?" He asks me.

"What?"

"Your Grandma, Does she like your new house?" He seems confused and amused by my lack of attention to our conversation.

"Ugh.. Yea she does." I reply a little to quickly.

My phone vibrates in my hand. It's Courtney.

Boo why didn't you call me last night! I'm so sorry she did that. She has my number and can text/call me whenever she needs and the same goes for you. Maybe I can send money to you to get her more help.... What's your address?

Courtney's family is rich and has helped our family out a lot. I feel bad taking money from them, I don't want them to think that I'm only friends with Courtney for their money. I also would feel obligated to pay them back later.

I decide it's better to just not text her back. I can get a job after school and use that money to get Axle help.

"Are you ok?" Jake asks.

"Yes, I am fine. Thank you for asking."

I notice he looks uncomfortable sitting next me and he shifts his weight away from he.

He must think in crazy. The bell rings dismissing us from class. Jake doesn't look at me or saying thing to me after class. He must know. What is he going to do?

"Jake!" I call after him.

He turns around to face me, "Yea?"

"Jake, I know you know. Could you please not tell anyone? We are trying to work thinks out and get her better. If people knew they would tease her and it wouldn't help anything. It would actually make things a lot worse." I am practically begging him by the time I finish.

Worry crosses his face. He looks from side to side and runs his hand through his hair.

"Of course, Megan. I would never tell anyone." He agrees.

"Thank you, Jake."

I turn around and walk toward Chemistry.