Chapter 11 Stay away Jake (M)

Chapter 11 Megan

I figure that if I stay away from Jake he won't learn anymore than he already knows. Maybe if I talk to the office I can switch hours for Health and Gym.

During Gym last hour I try and avoid Jake as much a possible, but he ends up being on my volleyball team.

"Megan can we talk, please," He asks.

"Jake, there really isn't anything to talk about..." I assure him.

The look on his face is twisted between angry and sad, "Thats a bunch of shit! Did Kelsey say something to you today? Maybe yesterday?"

Who is Kelsey? His girlfriend maybe.

I glare at him silently pleading him to drop it. " I don't even know who Kelsey is."

He walks right up to me now and stares into my eyes. "What is going on. I'm not some stupid fuck up you can ignore. Tell me what is going on!"

"Why are you yelling at me?" My face is getting hot from being so frustrated.

I don't understand Jake. He seemed so nice before and now he is yelling in my face, because I won't tell him about Axle.

His face loses all the anger in it as he whispers "I'm sorry."

"I really don't appreciate being yelled at. Even more so when I don't even know what you are talking about." I huff.

"Kelsey yelled at me this morning in second hour because someone told her I was talking to you all morning, and now you are ignoring me. I thought you were avoiding me because Kelsey found you." He explains.

"Like I said before I don't even know who Kelsey is, and I'm avoiding you because of what you know."

He looks like he is having a battle inside himself. It is obvious when one side wins.

"Megan, I don't know anything. What you said before about not telling anyone... I don't know what I'm not suppose to tell anyone."

"Why didn't you tell me that before...?" I couldn't tell if Jake thought I would tell him if he pretended to already know.

My suspicion is confirmed when he tells me, "I just thought that if I didn't tell anyone you would trust me to actually tell me what that thing is. It seems to be bothering you and I want you to know you can trust me and I won't tell anyone. I just want to help."

Jake seems desperate for me to believe him, and I do.