Chapter 5 Class (M)

Chapter 5 Megan

A boy... man? Is the first one to approach Axle and I. That was fast. I didn't think anyone would talk to us all day.

"I'm Jake," He smiles a perfect side ways grin.

"Megan."

"Who is this?" He asks looking to Axle.

As I look him over he is wearing a plain white T-shirt and dark jeans with black and white sneakers. He exceeds my height of 5'5" by about 4 inches. He has short brown spiked hair that makes is green eyes pop. I can see through his shirt that he has different patterns inked on his skin.

I notice that he also gives me a once over but his eyes linger longer than necessary.

I ignore his question and ask for directions.

"Well, Jake if you don't mind pointing me in the direction of the office that would be very helpful," He looks like he would be one of those jock douche bag type of guys.

"Or maybe I could just walk you there," He adds.

Jake is very confident and he hasn't said anything insulting or rude yet. Maybe I judged him wrong but it's to early to tell.

I stifle my laugh before saying, "Thanks, but I think I can manage."

I give him a quick smile before I move past him seeing for the first time a large crowd of students behind Jake.

I try to quickly push through the crowd, but it doesn't seem to be working out very well.

I didn't think I would get this big of a reaction just by coming to a random high school. They must not get a lot of new students. They are acting like we came straight from Hollywood.

After about 10 minutes of battle the crowd I find my way to the office.

"You must be Megan," a blonde woman greets me with a warm smile in the office. "And you Axle?"

"Yes, that's us," I return her smile.

Nervously I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. I don't know why I'm nervous but I can't help but think of what it would be like if we didn't move here. I have never had to worry about making friends or having some one have my back all the time because Courtney was always there.

As the woman shuffles papers on her desk I uncomfortably shift the weight of my body from one foot to the other. She gives me an apologetic smile as she hands me a piece of paper.

"Ok here it is dear. Just have all your teachers sign this slip of paper and bring it back at the end of the day," She slides a pink half sheet of paper across the counter that cuts the room in half. "And this is your schedule."

I glance at it quickly. Health first hour, Chemistry, French, Calculus, and then Gym. it shouldn't be to bad. I still have my tutor Pedro to help me after school.

Before she dismisses us to first hour she suggests We join a club, sport, or after school activity saying it will help us make friends.

"I will just meet you at home after school ok?" I ask her. I don't know how my day is going to go and I don't want her to wait around for me.

As I walk towards the health section of the school I think of a sport or club I would like to join. Something that would have a lot of people in it so there is more of a chance of me connecting with someone.

As I enter the room an older man looks at me. He is almost bald and his desk says his name is Mr. Smith. typical.