Chapter 13: SPORTS! It's all we do!!!

(Lucy POV)

Natsu seemed to be adjusting to everything pretty well. But it's the beginning of the year so the boys go crazy. Sports. That's all they care about. They want to make the teams. But Natsu has no idea which sport to pick.

Swimming

Baseball

Soccer

Ice hockey

Golf

Ultimate frisbee

Wrestling

Weightlifting

Lacrosse

Basketball

Cricket

(Natsu POV)

Crap. I'm clueless. If I do swimming everyone will see my scars, if I do baseball my ax wound will hurt when I swing the bat. I can't skate, so ice hockey is off the list. And Cricket? That's just the dumbest thing I ever heard of!

But then I look at the list again.

Swimming

Baseball

Soccer

Ice hockey

Golf

Ultimate frisbee

Wrestling

Weightlifting

Lacrosse

Basketball

Cricket

MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)

MMA would be perfect for me. Before I was kidnapped, I was in karate and in the Academy I was the top of the class for martial arts, and everything really. This would be a piece of cake. But I want to challenge myself. So I'll do basketball.

The flyer said that tryouts will be next week. So I will go to tryouts and show the world I'm number one!

(Romeo POV)

It was finally that time. To go to college. I was a nervous wreck.

"Hey Romeo!" Wendy called out to me.

"Time to go to college!" She yelled.

Wendy was the foster sister of a good friend of mine. His name was Natsu and he helped me escape a child trafficking group. I don't know if he's still alive and I haven't told Wendy about my connection with him. Though she does know I was kidnapped.

"Yea, yea I know, just let me get dressed!"

I pulled on a t-shirt and jeans, grabbed my bag and ran out the door to see Wendy waiting for me at our usual meeting spot.

"Come on slowpoke! We're gonna be late!" She said

"Race you to the bus stop?"

"Deal!"

"321 GO!!!" I yelled and sprinted off

"Hey cheater! You got a head start!" She yelled as she sprinted after me

In 1 minute flat we were at the bus stop, both breathing heavily.

"I won" I said through panted breaths.

At that moment the bus arrived and we hopped on.

*2 hour time skip*

(Wendy POV)

Romeo and I walked into the lunch room carrying our trays and headed towards the table with Lucy, Gray, and Erza, some of our other friends.

"Hey" I said, setting down my tray

"Hello" Everyone replied

"Are you going to do any sports this year" I ask while munching on an apple.

"No" Lucy replied "But I'm pretty sure Natsu is doing..." Then she covers her mouth.

"Did you say Natsu?!" Romeo said shocked. Romeo knew very well who Natsu was. He was my brother.

"Uh no, I TOTALLY did not say Natsu. Why would I say Natsu? Heh heh" Lucy replied quickly and nervous.

(Romeo POV)

"Lucy, you're horrible at lying. Spill it. Did you or did you not say Natsu?" I stared her dead in the eye.

"Ok so maybe I did say Natsu, but I meant Fred" Lucy chuckled

"Lucy..." I said in a low voice almost voice, almost like a growl.

"Eep!" She shrieked "Ok ok so maybe I did say Natsu and didn't mean Fred but that doesn't mean Natsu is here and he's in the library studying or anything."

Immediately Romeo and I got up and ran in the direction of the library

I sprinted inside and there he was in all his pink-haired glory.

I stood in shock for a few seconds.

He's alive, he really is alive, he didn't die!

"Natsu!!!" I yelled running towards him half-sobbing.

He turned around "Wendy...? Romeo...?"