Chapter 6: Operation Natsu

(Lucy POV)

"We don't know but there's only one way to find out" Said Gray.

"What are you saying Gray?" I ask.

"We lure him out" He replied.

"What!?" I yelled. How are we going to do that?"

"Lucy didn't you have a secret code with Natsu?" He asked.

"Yeah, I did" I replied. "Why are you asking?"

"Okay, here's my plan:

Tonight we go to the bar again

Lucy walk's by the Guitarist/Natsu and does the secret code

If Guitarist/Natsu comes to the roof as reply to code

Erza and I stalk them

I call this Operation Natsu" Gray declares with confidence.

"Okay that sounds good but what if he doesn't show up?" I asked.

"Then we get drunk" said Erza.

"Okay, let's give it a go!"

*Time skip 14 hours*

"So what should I wear?" I asked myself.

"You should wear the red dress" Said Erza, who just came out of nowhere.

"HOW ON EARTH DID YOU GET HERE!" I shouted.

"The window" she said, smiling.

Erza wore a simple black dress with matching black pumps. Her hair was straightened and brushed until it shined. Her makeup complimented her face very well. She looked flawless.

"Wow you look really good!" I say.

"Thank you" she says.

"So which red one were you talking about?" I asked.

"That one" she said, pointing her finger at the left side of my closet.

I could clearly see which one she was talking about. It was this dark red dress, that I had wore to our graduation. It was tea length and had a matching choker and bow. As for the dress itself, it had a plunging neckline and a slit. It was quite beautiful.

"Thanks for the advice Erza!" I say, my eyes beaming.

"Your welcome" She said, smiling.

(Mira POV)

"Mira what are you smiling about?" asked Natsu.

"Oh nothing" I said nervously. I couldn't let him know about the plan, could I?

But the thought still lingered in my mind. Could this really be the Natsu Lucy has told me all about. But it all matched up, didn't it. The guitar, the sense of humor, the pink hair and even his smile.

But if this was THAT Natsu, why wasn't he revealing himself to Lucy?

Well I guess I'll find out this evening!

*1 hour time skip*

(Natsu POV)

It was that time of day again. Time to play the guitar and let girls fawn over me. Great.

"Don't be in such a downer mood Natsu" said Mira.

How was Mirajane always able to stay so cheerful? How could she always look on the bright side of things. I wish I could be like that.

"So cheer up" said Mira, smiling.

"Yay" I say, with sarcasm.

"Hey Natsu, the bar is about to open, so you should get back to your area" Mira reminded.

"Okay" I say.

I walk back over to the guitar area. I had already set up everything beforehand so I had to do was sit and wait for the bar to open.

*Time Skip 15 minutes*

By this point the bar has already opened. I've played a lot of Fallout boy, and Panic! At the disco. Lisanna wasn't here again so that was a relief. I could actually concentrate for once. Or twice if you counted yesterday.

Just as I start to play a new song a trio walks in. But they aren't new though.

It was Erza, Gray and. Lucy.

Erza was wearing a simple black dress with matching heels. She had also straightened her hair and put on makeup. She looked really nice.

The next was Gray. He wore a navy suit, with a blue shirt, no tie and the two top buttons were missing. His hair was sort of brushed and over all he looked nice.

The last was Lucy. She wore a red, tea length dress that had a plunging neckline and high slit. The dress also had a matching choker. Her hair was straight and the look was completed with a matching bow. She looked absolutely amazing. I almost fell into a daze.

Erza and Gray sit at the bar with Mira and start to drink while Lucy is coming. Over here. Uh oh.

She walks by me and lifts her choker a bit. Crap, she figured me out. That was our code to meet on the roof. Should I go? Should I tell her the truth that I'm not Natsu Kasai. But Natsu Dragneel? No matter, there was only one answer.

(Lucy POV)

I did it. I actually pulled off the signal. I can't remember the last time I used it. Now all that matters is if he shows up on the roof.

Tonight I'm not going to drink. I need to stay at my fullest to make sure I don't miss anything.

I can't wait until he follows through.

*4 hour time skip*

It was finally the time. To find out the truth. To find Natsu.

I make my way up the stairwell. I can't explain this emotion I'm feeling. Am I nervous?

Once I make it to the top of the stairwell, where the roof entrance is, I open the door. I see him. I see Natsu. I finally see him.

"Hey Luce!" He says with that familiar grin on his face.

I start to cry. I can't help it. It's been ten years without him. I've waited so long for this moment and all I can bear to say is...

"Natsu"