Chapter 3: Looking Back

(Unknown POV)

I didn't know they would be there. I didn't plan on them seeing my face. I didn't think they would have parties on the day I left. I didn't know she would be there.

I had to start working at the pub, Fairytail, because I was running out of cash to make a living, so I could keep moving, before they caught me. The owner said they needed a musician, so I gladly accepted. I used to play guitar after all.

After I was only a week in there, the pub became more crowded. Girls were always trying to cuddle me, especially one in particular. Her name was Lisanna. She drove me insane.

Mirajane, the bartender, told me that Lisanna was always trying to get a boyfriend. She only knew this because she was Lisanna's older sister. I hope it wasn't a family inherited genetic.

On June 15th, I spend this day lost in thought and doing absolutely nothing. But Mira made me work today. Because her friends were coming to the bar to celebrate something and she wanted to introduce them to me.

I will never forget the first June 15th. The time when my life turned upside down. I was walking home with my crush, Lucy Heartfilia. I'll get into that later. Either way we were about to go our ways back home. That was the last time I saw her.

I was kidnapped after we split up. For the next ten years I received 37 stab wounds, 1000 whip slashes, 7 gunshot wounds, 15 third degree burns, 1 axe wound, one branding in my skin saying the number 74, half a finger cut off, and countless kicks and punches. But I always knew I would be okay because I knew if I survived I would see Lucy again.

That was until I found out why I was kidnapped.I was no longer focused on going home to see Lucy. Instead I spent my time helping the other kids who were also kidnapped escape and help them get home. I found myself happy that I had helped so many people.

That was until they found out I was helping hostages escape. Then I had to run away as far as I could. They would probably kill my family( and friends) and I could not let that happen. So I would go out into the real world and protect those I care about. That was my mission.

That brings me to why I had to work at Fairytail. More importantly why I had to work on the 15th.

There was some time until the bar opened for the night, so Mira told me about her friends. She said that one wanted to become an author, the other was an amazing ice skater and the last was a gourmet cake chef . They kind of reminded me of Lucy,Gray and Erza but I kept my thoughts to myself.

*1 hour time skip*

The bar was now open for an hour and I saw Mira waved to a trio at the entrance. It was who this trio was that freaked me out.

One was a scarlet haired girl seemed to be about 21. No doubt she was Erza.

Another was a raven haired boy also about 21. I could tell it was Gray.

The last was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She was wearing a blue lace dress with matching heels. Her blond hair was done beautifully. Her makeup was perfectly done on her face. She was also about 21. And there was no other person she could think of who that could be. Lucy Heartfilia. My one of my best friends and the previous love of my life.

I tried not to stare as they took the three bar stools in front of Mira.

*1 hour time skip*

I had been watching them the entire night. I saw that Erza passed out after drinking shots and Gray was in the bathroom. This was my chance my to sing Lucy's favorite song.

Waking up to kiss you and nobody's there
The smell of your perfume still stuck in the air
It's hard
Yesterday I thought I saw your shadow running round
It's funny how things never change in this old town
So far from the stars
And I want to tell you everything
The words I never got to say the first time around
And I remember everything
From when we were the children playing in this fairground
Wish I was there with you now
If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you
Drive highways and byways to be there with you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you
I saw that you moved on with someone new
In the pub that we met he's got his arms around you
It's so hard
So hard
And I want to tell you everything
The words I never got to say the first time around
And I remember everything
From when we were the children playing in this fairground
Wish I was there with you now
As if the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you
Drive highways and byways to be there with you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you
You still make me nervous when you walk in the room
Them butterflies they come alive when I'm next to you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you
And I know that it's wrong
That I can't move on
But there's something about you
If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you
Drive highways and byways to be there with you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you
You still make me nervous when you walk in the room
Them butterflies they come alive when I'm next to you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you

Then I saw her turn around. She was in awe as she looked at me. Then her look turned into shock. I didn't want this to happen, I didn't want her to see me. Why did my previous feelings for Lucy get in the way of my mission. I hoped she was drunk and didn't remember me. And then I lucked out. She passed out. Knowing Lucy, she would have thought this was some sort of dream.

Then my luck ran out. Gray came back. He was drunk enough to get sick but not drunk enough to have hallucinations. He saw me and I was screwed.

Thankfully he carried Lucy home. At least she was safe.