Chapter 2: Sunrise

(Lucy POV)

We used to always watch the sunrise. We would wake up a 5:30 sneak out of our houses and meet at the baseball diamond where we could get a good view. To us, the sunrise embodied beginnings of great things in life.

When we were 9, we snuck out of our houses like usual and met at the baseball diamond. I lied down on the grass next to him, and we talked.

*flashback*

"Natsu, what would you do if I moved away and weren't here anymore?" I asked just out of curiosity.

"Well then I wouldn't be here" He replied.

"Why?" I asked. At this point, I was very curious.

"Because I would be looking for you, I can't begin to imagine a life without you Luce," he said with his usual grin on his face.

That's when I knew. I was in love. The good and the bad, the anger issues, his pink hair, the way he pet Happy, his rivalry with Gray, the way he stroked his guitar. I loved it all. I loved Natsu.

That day I felt this warm ,tender feeling run through me, like blood to my veins. I only felt that when I was with Natsu. Only him, no one else can make me feel like that.

That was the same feeling I had when I saw the guitarist. The guitarist looked exactly like Natsu, but older.

He was wearing combat boots on top of black cargo pants, And a black long sleeved shirt that fit his muscular form nicely. His pink locks were messy and stuck up like they always did. He seemed to be 20 or 21. The age that Natsu would have been by now.

But it couldn't be him could it? No, that wasn't possible. Natsu was kidnapped, kidnappers wouldn't release someone like him. I'm just so drunk I can't see straight.

In fact I don't think I can see anything at all.....

*5 hours time skip*

I found myself awake in my old room. I was still in my dress which was odd.

"Ugh, what happened?"

"You passed out cold in the bar I had to carry you home" Said a mysterious voice.

"Who's there" I said, firmly.

"Geez it's just me Gray" said well, Gray.

"Oh hey" I said casually.

"Look the sun's coming up" Said Gray.

I looked out of my window, the sun was just beginning to rise and I took a close look. It looked so familiar the way it was positioned. Maybe I had seen it with Natsu all those years ago. Which brought me to what I was about to say.

A smiled formed on my face.

"Hey Gray, the weirdest thing happened last night, I thought I saw Natsu" I said.

"Me too" he said.