Chapter 22: Exercise to Stay Healthy

Hollywood. November 11, 2017.

Tori bounces on her toes, peeking at the entrance to the gym while stretching with the other girls. I wave my hand in front of her face, pulling her attention away from the door and point at my girls.Tori rolls her eyes and goes back to stretching with the other dance team members.

I cross my arms over my chest and eye the other competition. Most of the teams are familiar from our last competition, the local teams being sparse.

I see a familiar blonde walk through the double doors, being tugged along by the little blonde demon that she managed to spawn.

Anika jumps on Iz, knocking them both to the wooden floor. The corner of my lip twitches, the smile nearly breaking out. Ignoring the threat of emotion fully presenting itself in me, I turn back to my kids, eyeing them all carefully. Tori moves into a straddle and leans forward, her stomach flat on the floor.

"Addie!" Rachel jumps on my back, nearly knocking me over. A few students glance up, the amusement clear in their faces. I wrap my arms around Rachel, my hands landing on her butt. Rachel kisses my cheek, giggling.

"Get off." I try to bounce her off my body but she locks her arms and legs around my body. Rachel kisses my cheek two more times before nuzzling her face into my neck. I roll my eyes pulling Rachel's legs around my waist so that I'm giving her a piggyback ride.

She gasps and tries to climb over my shoulders.

"What the hell are you doing?

"Hi, Tori!" Tori turns around, a glare already prepared but when she sees Rachel a small smile appears on her face.

"Hey, Torres."

"Are you excited? Nervous?" My eyes widen and elbow Rachel. "Shit! What the hell was that for?"

Rachel jumps off my back and glares at me.

"Don't you have a kid to watch? Movies to talk about?" I glare at her.

Her face lights up. "Actually, there's this new movie that I want you to see with me. It's the-"

"What about Sam?"

"I want to see it twice!"

"Okay, that sounds fun but I really have to get back to my kids." I point at the group of kids who have stopped stretching and turned their attention to Rachel and I.

"You and your kids. What about me?" Rachel sets her hands on her hips, popping one out. "Don't I matter?"

I can hear someone snort and a few giggle.

"Of course you matter but right now I have to attend to my kids because today is competition day and I have to make sure that they are all okay." I gesture to my kids on the floor, hoping to get my point across. Rachel slouches over me so violently that I have trouble catching her.

"Ugggh." She whines. Tori slaps a hand over her mouth, holding back a giggle.

"Tori, tell your moms to chill out." Zoë laughs, nudging Tori with her foot.

"Yeah, wifey. Chill out."

I roll my eyes, pushing Rachel off me. "I am not your wifey. I am no one's wifey so shut up and sit down so I can get back to my girls."

Rachel lightly presses her lips against mine and smiles. "I'll see you after, right?"

"Of course." She nods and walks towards our family. My eyes follow her, making sure that she doesn't get distracted by any flashy people but it's me who gets distracted. The girls from one dance studio or another walk through the door, done with their practice. That means it's our turn.