Chapter fifteen

Canaan's POV

I stared at the three kids in front of me, my eye twitching.

They watched me expectantly.

I looked at them blankly, doing a quick once over to asses them.

I sighed.

Two boys, one girl. Just how genin teams are normally set up.

The boy on the right was fairly tall, about my height, with longish brown hair, and hazel-brown eyes. He wore a hoodie, and was listening to music. He looked bored, but out of all of them he seemed to be the strongest.

The boy on the left was slightly shorter, with red-blond hair, green eyes and pale skin. He wore a high collar t-shirt, and was watching me with interest. I sweat dropped at him.

The middle one, the girl, was the shortest, with long light brown hair, streaked with blond. She had blue eyes, and wore a wide shouldered tank top with shorts.

I stared at them for a few more seconds, then dropped my head and sighed.

They sweat-dropped.

Flashback

"YO!" I said loudly, barging into the Hokage's office. Gramps looked up from the guy he was talking to, and sweat-dropped at me.

"Couldn't you knock Canaan?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Alas, I can not."

He rose an eyebrow. "And why is that"?

"Because," I said seriously, "It takes far too much unnecessary effort. I can not be bothered to do so."

Gramps opened his mouth to say something, but wisely decided against it. Instead, he motioned to the man in between us. Looking at him, I blinked in surprise.

"Kichiro?"

The blue haired man turned to me, and smiled. "Hey Canaan. How are you?"

I shrugged. "Just fine I guess, what's up?"

Kichiro scratched the back of his head. "Well, actually..."

"I have a mission for you Canaan." Gramps interrupted.

I nodded. "Go on...."

Gramps gestured toward Kichiro. "I'm sending Kichiro on a surveillance mission. He'll be gone for a few weeks."

"Soooo..." I said, not really getting it.

"Well, I'm a sensei, I have a genin team. And they're going to need someone to train them while I'm gone." Said Kichiro.

"And I have decided you will be their substitute sensei until Kichiro gets back." Gramps finished.

I stared at them. ".................what." I said. Not pleased by any means.

"YOU'RE HAVING ME DO BABYSITTING?!?!" I roared, and both men flinched, each of them with a 'I knew this would happen' expression.

"Uh uh. No way. It ain't happening. Forget it." I said, crossing my arms.

Gramps sighed. "Canaan, you've been asking for a mission non-stop recently."

"Yeah, but not one like this." I said, irritated at how things were turning out. "Come on Gramps! I'm thirteen! I can't be babysitting anyway." I tried.

Gramps rolled his eyes. "You and I both know you're far ahead of an average thirteen year old." He said.

"Canaan. You're going to do it. And you will do it well. Do you understand?" Said Gramps, his voice final.