Chapter fourteen

'Ugh.....'

I turned over in my bed, blinking blearily at the window, where the moon was in full view.

'.........Why is the moon out?'

I squinted at it, confused.

............I think I just busted a couple brain cells.

Note to self: don't think in the morning.

....At least I think it's morning.....

"Cannan!" Ibiki slammed into the room. "Get up. We need to go."

I stared at him. Blinking.

"Go....?"

Ibiki rolled his eyes. "Yes, go. The Hokage has called an emergency meeting. Now get ready!"

.........I have no idea what's going on.

'...Why were we being called?.....am I in trouble...?...I don't want to be in trouble....trouble sounds bad...trouble is bad.....right?.....what was trouble again?.... I don't-'

"Canaan! Get up already!"

I snapped back from my doze. "Wha-huh? I up!"

Ibiki looked at me, obviously impatient with my lack of brain functionality.

"Hurry up, the Hokage needs us now."

I looked in his direction, still not really seeing anything. "Why?"

"That damn Kubi brat is causing trouble again." He growled. "Get up!"

Suddenly all traces of delirium were gone. "Naruto?" I asked, jumping out of bed and slipping on my clothes. "What's happened?"

Ibiki poked his head back into the room. "He-ugh...your finally dressed-he stole the forbidden scroll. Now get your ass over here!"

We sped through the village, the streets dark and quiet. Up ahead, we saw a group of ninja, surrounding the Hokage. And as we reached them, it became obvious they were not happy.

Ibiki strode up to join the Hokage, but I hung back, having forgotten my mask and cloak.

'Naruto.....what are you doing?' I wondered.

"Dismissed."

My head snapped toward the group, just in time to see them shoot off.

"Gramps."

The Hokage turned to me.

"Yes Canaan?"

"He will be alright." It wasn't a question. And by my gaze, Gramps could tell it was a demand.

Gramps closed his eyes. "I'm afraid I cannot promise that...." He said, looking pained.

I turned, my eyes cool, my face calm.

"I can."

My voice, deadly.

------------------------------------

I sped through the trees, in the direction of Naruto's chakra, which was strangely depleted.

'Stupid brat.' I thought, irritated. 'Your thoughtless stunt is the reason I'm up at.....whatever time of the night it is.'

I frowned, noticing two other chakras with Naruto's. 'What are you doing......' I wondered. I soon found out as I came upon a small trio.

.........Please let me corrected myself. A large army. Of Narutos.