Chapter twelve

Pic of Hiroto with his axe 

Recap:

As I slumped forward onto the spear, I saw Kanaye, he looked regretful, if only slightly, he really wasn't a bad guy, besides his.......er.....issues, but can I tell there's more to him. Hiro, however, was laughing a great, roaring laugh.

"CANAAN!"

"NO, CANAAN!"

I glanced to the side through my hair, Hiroto and Kichiro were standing at the side of the clearing, looks of horror plastered on their faces.

'Oh crap....this can't look good....' I thought.

Recap over

Third POV

Kichiro's back bumped against Hiroto's and they stood there for a second, analyzing their surroundings. "Hey, where'd that other guy go?" Asked Hiroto, noticing there was one less then there should be. Kichiro glanced around, then cursed, "Damn! He must have gone after Canaan!" He realized. Hiroto gave him a sharp look, "What!!"

One of the men they were fighting grinned, "That's right," he said, "I kind of feel bad for the girl, both Kanaye and Hiro? That kids doomed." The big guy, better known as Takuma, sighed, "It is a shame, for one to die so young. But that is the life of a ninja."

"Kichiro, what should we do?" Hiroto hissed, glaring at the two men, is there a way for us to get out of here so we can help her?" Kichiro closed his eyes for a second, "There might be a way.....I have one gas bomb left, if I use that, it should knock them out for a short time, just enough for us to get to Canaan and get out of here." Hiroto nodded. "Gotcha, let's go!"

Kichiro threw the bomb at the two men, and it exploded at their feet, but both Kichiro and Hiroto were already running before their bodies could even hit the ground.

As they neared a clearing, they could feel three chakra signatures. "That must be it, that clearing up ahead." Said Hiroto, speeding up. Kichiro followed close behind. They broke into the clearing, coming upon exactly what they had been dreading.

"CANAAN!"

"NO! CANAAN!!"

For a second, all they could do was stare in horror at the scene displayed before them. They watched as Canaan's small frame slumped over the spear of ice that was protruding from her back. Her blood soaking her clothes, forming a puddle on the ground at her feet. She was dead.

"No......." Kichiro whispered, falling to his knees. Hiroto just stood there, not believing what was happening.

Hiro caught sight of them, and his grin only grew larger. "Well look here," he said, "bit of a shocker, is it? I would think so, after all she was still just a child, so disappointing. Am I right?" He grinned.

"Why you...." Hiroto growled. Sure, he was never a fan of the kid, but she'd never really done anything to him, and he certainly didn't want her to die.

Suddenly, the spear that Hiro was holding shattered, and all eyes turned toward Canaan, who was standing there calmly, not even glancing down at the gaping hole in her stomach, that was resealing faster then anyone would have thought was possible, and within seconds, it was gone.

"What?!" Exclaimed Hiro, shocked to see the small girl still alive and standing, not to mention giving him the most deadly glare he'd ever seen. One that sent shivers down his spine.

Kanaye just stared at Canaan in shock, he knew there was something she was hiding, but that..........really should not have been possible. He glanced at Hiro, wondering what he would do. The guy had some serious anger problems, and he didn't like it when people got the better of him.

"You little.....I'm going to kill you!" He yelled.

Canaan smirked, "You mean like you 'killed' me before? Because I don't think that worked so well." She said. Hiro snarled, and charged at her, but before he could even get close to her, she raised a hand, and snapped her fingers.

Hiro exploded. Blood, guts, and shattered bone flew everywhere, littering the ground with his remains.

She just stood there, looking calmly over the mess before her. She sighed, "Really, how many times do I have to say it? Don't. Call. Me. Child." She said, shaking her head in a disappointed manner.

Then she blinked, and glanced to the side.

Suddenly she whipped around, hair flipping out, her glacial eyes so sharp, it felt like your soul had been cut when you looked into them. Faster then anyone could blink, she'd flung a kunai with deadly acuacy-at Hiroto.

Hiroto's eyes widdened, but he didn't have time for anything else, when the kunai flashed by his face, cutting off a few strands of hair. A loud clang sounded from behind him, and he turned, to see that the kunai Canaan had thrown had canceled out another that had been heading toward him.

'Wha-'

His unspoken (and unfinished,) question was answered, as the two ninja he and Kichiro had ditched earlier lept down from the trees.

"Hmmm, clever tactic, that smoke bomb, I must say. However, it was only good enough for a short distraction." Said the big muscle man. The smaller man snickered, "Yeah, it'll take more than that to take us out." He then fell into a fit of giggles.

 "Well then, it's a good thing I'm here." Said the wind. Or at least, they thought it was the wind, until they spotted Canaan hanging a few feet from their heads by a string of chakra. She smiled, a small, innocent smile, that would give the two enemy ninja nightmares in the rest of their eternal sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Kanaye watched, dumbfounded. This little girl had just murdered an S-rank criminal, with a snap of her fingers! He watched as she whipped out a kunai and flung it at her partner. He frowned. 'What is she up to...' He thought, confused.

There was a clanging noise, and Kanaye blinked as he realized she had just deflected a kunai that had been headed toward her companion. He rose an eyebrow, impressed, (though he would never admit it)

'Kids not bad......' He thought.

His thought was cut short, however, as he proceeded to watch as Canaan diced up his two teammates.

He really didn't care for the fact his teammates had died, he had only joined their group for the money, no, the reason for his shock, was how she did it. (Isn't Kanaye such a compassionate person?)

Twin strings of chakra had spouted from her hands, and as she dropped from the string she was hanging from, she spiraled in mid-air, the strings from her hands lashing out, making a sort of tornado around her, before landing between the two men.

There was a moment of silence, while the two men stood there, their faces a mask of shock. Then the moment was gone, and blood spurted from their bodies, various parts falling to the ground in heaps.

Canaan looked up calmly, her eyes filled with their usual look of boredom. She stood up, disregarding the incredulous looks she was being given. She brushed off her clothes, before fixing her gaze on Kanaye, who tensed, reading himself for a fight. Though he wasn't very confident in his abilities to stay alive, after what he'd seen. 

They kept eye-contact, each of them trying to stare the other down. Finally, Kanaye sighed, shifting out of his defensive position. 

(back to Cannan's POV)

"I have no chance of surviving against you, do I." He said, putting his hands in his pockets.

I nodded.

He sighed, "I thought so." Then he gave me a curious look. "Before, you said your last name was Osore, why does that sound familiar to me? Have I perhaps met a relative of your's before?"

"No." I said, positive with my answer. Kanaye rose and eyebrow, "And how would you know that?" He questioned. It was my turn to sigh, "Because, if you had met another one of my clan, you would not be standing here before me."

There were a few moment of silence, but once the awkward moment had passed, Kanaye spoke, "Clan, you say? I have never heard of the Osore clan."

"No, you have, most likely. You ether just don't remember it, or don't believe it." I said. Kanaye shook his head, "The only time I have ever heard the name Osore, was when that legend of the ghost clan was told to me." He said. I bowed my head, "Do not all legends start from fact?"

"That's impossible, the Osore are a myth, how could you be a part of them?" He said. "Do you know what is said about the Osore?" I asked. He nodded, slowly.

"It is said that the Osore were the original ninja, the first of all beings to discover chakra, and their ability to mold and control it is far beyond what is possible for even the greatest of ninja."

I nodded.

Kanaye shook his head. "There's no way, the Osore don't exist."

I shrugged, "Think what you want."

And with that, I turned, and strode away, ignoring the stares on my back. I don't know about the others, but I was tiered, and was in great need of a nap. But, just then, a horrible thought struck me, and I stopped, my face contorting into a very annoyed expression. 

So, with my shoulders stiff, my eye twitching, I stomped my way back to grab the back of Mr. Bodo's shirt, and drag him across the clearing, through the forest and back to camp. Wondering the whole time just how much trouble I would be in if I just ditched him under a bush or something. 

And it was only once I'd gotten back to camp, (with Mr. Bodo,) that I realized my mistake. Shaking slightly with frustration, I slapped my hand against my forehead, full of self loathing over my stupidity. 

I'd forgotten Kichiro and Hiroto.

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT!!!!!!! I have had a MAJOR case of writers block, and it has been extremely hard for me to write anything without absolutely hating it. So this took me awhile. I'm not really happy with this chapter, especially toward the end, so if it sucked, forgive me. But I hope it was satisfying enough. 

-Akuma