Chapter nine

Here ya go!

VOTE!!!

COMMENT!!!

ENJOY!!!

Time skip. A month later.

Canaan POV

I sighed, looking up at the sky, 'It's already been a month since I came here...' I thought. The rumors of 'The Ghost of Konoha' had spread like wild fire, and now I was practically a celebrity. Though I refused to sign autographs. 

I sat on a tree branch, swinging my legs back and forth, thinking. 

'I hate the world. It's so boring. And lame. And loud. And annoying. And social. And-'

"Hey, Canaan."

My string of negative thoughts on the earth were cut off as someone sat down next to me. I looked over to see Asuma, who was just lighting a cigarette, spirals of smoke floating softly into the air, before getting blown away in the wind. 

"That's bad for your heath you know." I said, eyeing the offending object with a slightly annoyed expression. "And it smells too." 

He shrugged, "Then hold your breath." I gave him an annoyed glare. "And what if I don't feel like holding my breath?" I asked, or rather, demanded. Asuma took a pull on the cigarette, before exhaling smoke everywhere. "Then deal with it midget."

I nearly fell out of the tree. 

"WHAT did you call me!?" I spluttered, fully prepared to kick him off the branch we were siting on. He smirked at me, his cigarette sticking out of the corner of his mouth.

"Midget." 

That's it. Rant time.

"I ain't a midget! I'm just not extraordinarily tall! Just cause I happen to be below the average height does not automatically make me short! And I'm not short anyway, for all we know, you people could just be freakishly tall!" Ok, for a rant that wasn't too much really, but for me that was alot of talking.

"Sure, sure," Said Asuma, rubbing his ear. "I'm still calling you midget though."

I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest. "Just wait till I hit my growth spurt. Then we'll see who's a midget."

"It'll still be you." Asuma dead-panned, polluting the air even more as he exhaled. "You don't know that!" I exclaimed, pointing a finger at him dramatically. "For all you know, I could get up to six feet tall!" 

Asuma stared at me for a second, before busting out laughing. I just sat there, my eye twitching, attempting to push away the awkwardness of my situation.

"Y-you, six feet tall!? In your dreams kid!" He said, still laughing. "Hey! It could happen!" I argued, despite knowing it would most probably, never happen. Asuma sighed, finally calming down after his laughing fit, "You keep thinking that, midget." 

"I will hit you."

"No you won't."

"You wanna bet?"

"...............Not really."

"I didn't think so."

I leaned against the tree, and we sat in silence for awhile, now and then commenting on a the people going about their daily lives below us.