Chapter 10

April's POV

Once we arrived at the house I got out and ran straight to my room locking the door behind me. My stomach was black with bruises and my face hurt from all the slaps.

What did I do wrong?

I can't help who I am.

I'm a disappointment.

I'm a failure.

I'm worthless.

I walked to my bathroom and turned on the shower. I undressed and got inside. The water fell down my face mixing with my salty tears. I grabbed my razor and took out the blade. Placing it on my wrist and pushing down, gliding through the skin. Dots of blood started appearing in a small line. The line became bigger as I washed it under the shower. I stepped out ,dried myself and put on a navy hoodie and some Nike spandex.

"April come down here" I ran down the stairs to find a couch full of boys.

"These are my friends and there're going to be staying here for a while. Guys introduce yourself"

"I'm Nash"

"Matt"

"Carter"

"Shawn"

"Taylor"

"Hayes"

They all shook my hand,

"Um.. I already know who you all are you know"

"Oh right sorry".

"I'm going upstairs bye"

"Wait April watch a movie with us"

"Fine"

I sat down next to Matt and Taylor as Cameron put on Mean Girls.

"Cameron you guys are boys, this is mean girls" I said,

"Betch, Mean girls is ma thang" Cameron said making me and the other boys laugh.

I sat back and fiddled with my bracelets that were covering my cuts. I pulled the strong of the black beaded one and it snapped sending beads all over the floor and my freshly cut wrist exposed.

Tears fell from my eyes as all the boys looked at me. Cameron had his head down. I ran upstairs and hid under my bed. My door opened and Cameron stood there.

"April, I'm not gonna hurt you please come out and speak to me" I wriggled out from the bed and stood against the wall. Cameron sat down on the bed and tapped the space next to him, indicating for me to sit. He pulled me into a hug and held me tight.

"Matt's room is being sorted out still so he is gonna share with you."

"Okay"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

C h a r l i e 💦