34

Kagome was the first to jump out of the limo when they arrived. Once Mori also left the expensive automobile, she stayed by his side, and grabbed his arm, draping it over her shoulder for support. She was just the right height to pull it off, any shorter and it would be uncomfortable for him, with his tall stature.

He didn't question or object to her actions for help, and instead, placed some of his weight onto her. They already went though a short argument about it back in school, as they were leaving and going to the limo.

Of course he wasn't really auguring with her verbally. When she placed his arm over her shoulder, helping him stand, he looked at her strangely, raising an eyebrow at her in question, and because of that she went into defense mode...

"I'm the one who did that to you, so shut up and let me help you!" Seeing a small blush show on his cheeks, she snorted and turned her head away from him. "Idiot."

By her standers he wasn't even heavy, so she didn't mind. She still felt guilty for hitting him, and wanted to do what she could to lift some of the weight that's been chaining her down, because of it-- She stumbled slightly once she entered the large estate, finally getting a good look at the inside.

It was enormous! The seer size of the room was awe inspiring, as she had to crank her neck to see the top of the ceiling. Not only was it overwhelmingly beautiful, but there was a sense of warmth as she stared at all soothing colors that decorated the room, and artwork that littered the walls--

"Something wrong?" Mori's cool voice snapped her out of her trance.

"No." She shook her head and sighed. She should be use to this by now--

"Takashi!!!" The familiar call of Honey fell into her ears. She watched as he hopped down the stairway cheerfully, flowers around his head as he hugged the rabbit to his chest.

"Mitsukuni." Mori gave a soft grunt as he removed his arm from around her shoulder, standing on his own. A soft smile showed on his face, as the small male looked up at him with tears in his eyes, sniffling.

"You alright?!"

"Yeah." Mori nodded. "You waited for me?"

"Yah-uh!" He cooed sweetly, and rubbed his eyes tiredly. "Gome-chan!" Honey chirped her name, catching her attention and she looked down at him. "Thank you for bring Takashi back!" He thanked her, and happily held up his bunny above his head, waving it side to side.

"No problem." She smirked, and reached out, patting the bunny's head playfully. She then lowered her hand onto Honey's blond hair, and gave it a good shuffle. The older yet smaller male laughed, grinning. "Well, I guess I'll be leaving now." She announced her departure.

"Really!?" Honey seemed saddened by this. "How are you going to get home?"

"Walk, of course." She stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh, so you live close by?!?!" His eyes brightened up at that news.

"Nope." She burst his bubble. "But if I leave now, and jogged the whole way, I might make it before dawn..." Though she was being optimistic-- Both Mori's and Honey's eyes widened, a cold breeze blew past their ghostly pale bodies. "Well." She hummed and turned around, walking away. "See ya." She waved goodbye to them over her shoulder.

"No Gome-chan!" Honey quickly grabbed onto her sleeve, gripping tightly. "You can't!" He objected.

"What do you mean, 'I can't' ?" She questioned, while raising a delicate eyebrow. "What else is there--"

"Stay here!" He quickly answered.

"You can't be serious--" She was about to object, but then large tears formed into the small boys eyes, and he pouted, whimpering sadly. "Uhh..." She froze at the sight, feeling her resolve crack. He found her weakness-- "Alright." She finally agreed, and sighed in defeat.

"Yay~!" The boy cheered and started hopping around the room happily.

She glanced over at Mori. He was looking down at her with a soft expression, a smile on his face.

"Don't look at me like that..." She mumbled under her breath and shoved her hands into her pocket. She turned her head away from him and sighed-- She felt a large, cold hand, softly rest on her head, before he gave her raven locks a good ruffle.

She hummed in reply at the rough treatment, and a small smile crept its way onto her face...