33

Kagome was sitting inside of the limo with Mori. She wanted to escort him to his home, to make sure he got there safely, after all, it was her fault he was hurt-- And she felt extremely guilty because of it...

No, it wasn't just that-- She unconsciously started nibbling on her lower lip. Her eyes drooped in sadness, as her gaze fell onto the floor. Though she made sure to sit as far away from him as she could, to give him room, she could still hear his heavy breathing. Each inhale of air he made, caused her body to slowly sink further and further into her seat.

He use to take smooth, deep, and calming breaths. She could hardly tell he was even breathing, even when she sat beside him in the club, but now she could hear his clear struggle, as he tried to fill his lungs with air, and it made her flinch in guilt.

She knew it was because of her recklessness that she hurt him. She knew he was in pain. She knew it was her fault. She knew-- She knew-- Yet he didn't blame her... He forgave her, without even hesitating. He then smiled at her and hummed, his silent way of saying 'It's alright.'

She attacked him, yet he understood that it wasn't on purpose--

"Stupid Bitch!" He hissed at her, smirking.

Her eyes widened at the lost memory, and her body started to tremor, her hands balling into fists until her knuckles grew white.

She will never be like him--! Her eyes darkened and she felt herself slipping, as old images flashed in her mind. The taste of copper hit her tongue, snapping her out of her daze, and she blinked. She licked her wounded lip and sighed.

She would never betray those who trusted her. Yet it is for that very reason, why she feels so guilty for harming the one human who she can be very comfortable around. She didn't know why or how, but this man seems to attract her interest, day after day, even though he isn't trying to.

He is quiet, only speaking when needed. That fact isn't a hindrance, for his actions are full of more emotion and heart then any words could ever voice, making up for his lack of conversation 100 times over. Yet she didn't mind that he doesn't talk, actually, she likes it. His silent yet strong disposition, makes it easy for her to relax around him...

Even though he doesn't talk, he watches everything with keen eyes. He is able to notice small changes in her behavior, and figured out that she was overheating, or even that her favorite cake was Germen Chocolate.

Little by little, she believed he has slowly started to figure her out, by her subtle actions or comments she makes, being able to read between the lines-- As she is able to do with him...

Her eyes drooped in sadness yet again, and she started to nibble on her bruised lip. Yet she ends up punching him--

"Kagome?" His deep voice called to her. She snapped her head up, and was by his side in an instant, placing her hand onto his bandaged chest and looking up into his dark orbs.

"Is it your wound? Are you in pain?" She asked.

"...!" His cheeks quickly flushed red, and he turned his head away from her, coughing. "N-No." He glanced at her out of the corner of his eyes. "You seemed distressed." He mumbled.

"Oh." Was all she said, and she cleared her throat. She then removed her hand, and plopped down beside him in a huff. "I'm fine."

"..." He smiled at her, before raising his hand and placing it onto her head. He gave it a playful ruffle, causing her to close her eyes and sigh at the treatment. His large, slightly rough hands, were always cold, and felt nice...

She could feel him gently grip her chin, and slowly turned her head to face him. The act caused her to open her eyes and stare at him questionably. He looked down at her with a serious expression, a small frown on his face.

"Wha--" Her words were cut off when he trailed his thumb across her lower lip, causing her to flinch.

"Something is bothering you." He stated. "You've been biting your lip ever since we left the school."

"Hmph." She snorted and jerked away from his gentle grasp. "It's nothing." She told him.

"..." He gave a soft hum in reply, not sounding convinced. "You're still worried about me." He quickly saw through her act.

Her eyes widened and she felt a small rush of heat go into her cheeks. A deep a low rumble vibrated through his chest, the familiar sound of his chuckle entered her ears. He reached up, and gave her head a friendly pat, praising her. His expression softened towards her, and his lips curved into a small smile.

"Whatever." She huffed, roughly shoving her hands into her pockets, yet a small smile appeared on her face...