Winterspell ( coup d'etat )

Alice...

Alone again....

I had chased after her, Tsutchie.... But she'd disappeared.

I couldn't find her...

It soon got dark and I decided to leave my house. I had taken a shower, gotten a change of clothes and something to eat but still couldn't stay. Even though it was my house it didn't feel safe anymore. Everything felt surreal.

Physically I was feeling better than I had in days, but....

Mentally I still felt numb... My mother was no-where to found and I had no where to stay. Not to mention the fact that some-one I trusted abandoned me, in a place where my life could have been put-out like a candle.

I couldn't, hate her after her explanation, but it still hurt none the less.

The street lamps glowed a soft amber, illuminating the side walk and shrubbery to the houses I passed.

Where am I going? You might be wondering. Well the answer to that is as simple as simple could be.

Where else could I go?

Besides, If I don't tell her now I might never get the chance to apologize. Though it probably won't seem like much now since most people have forgotten.

But I have to apologize to her, I have to tell Tess the truth. What happened back then wasn't her fault, nor was it in anyway fair, how I blamed it all on her.

I remember it as clear as day.

How we were good friends...

How I let my feelings for the boy I liked make me hate her...

How after he fell from the roof I blamed it all on her....

How she got expelled for it...

And especially how people looked at her afterwards...

All of it stuck in my memory and refuse to fade.

_______________________________________________________

Alice's mom....

"It's getting late and Eric hasn't returned yet, I should go," Carla stated trying to hide the fact that the woman still scared her.

"Aww, " Vanessa stated her voice raw with sarcasm "but you haven't told me what I wanted to hear yet."

"I've told you everything I know-" Carla started.

"-Shut up! " Vanessa snapped "you know, you aren't being very useful and do you what I do to people who aren't useful to me?"

"Tell me what I want to know!" she tried again "Where is the dragon child?" She picked up the blade she'd placed on the table before.

"I really don't know,"Carla answered.

"What do you see when you look at me?" Vanessa asked "do I look blond to you? Do you think I'm just another pretty face? Do you take me for a fool?!"

"She is your child!" She seemed angry.

"She was kidnapped ok!" Carla yelled surprising Vanessa a little "I tried everything, the police, posters and even detectives which probably wasn't the smartest choice."

Vanessa suddenly burst out laughing.

"You don't understand do you?" Vanessa asked "if you're telling the truth you're not gonna see her again."

Carla bit her lip, to hold herself back.

"It seems that another clan caught wind of it before I did." Vanessa said to herself and then "you're in luck, I'm bored now... you may go."