Winterspell (Himitsu no yakusoku) 2

Tsutchie slowly opened her eyes and for a fraction of a second the dull luminescence of Amber glowed in her eyes before fading.

Then

*GASP!*

She tried to catch her breath but coughed twice and then again. Beads of fresh perspiration rolled from her forehead.

It was still night and the lamp still burned bright.

As her breathing returned to normal, she looked around and then rolled to the edge of her bed.

"Mom?"

She asked and then

"Dad?"

Dazed.

She tried placing her feet to the floor and then standing, but her knees buckled and she fell to the straw mat.

"Mom?" She said with a hint of recognition, as she got up.

"Why are you lying there?"

Tsutchie's eyes widened as she saw in full what happened. She scampered back and bumped into her bed. "M-mom... Dad..."

She wanted to cry out but her scream seemed to stop at her throat.

She let out a deep throated sob as her emotions, memories and everything else caved-in and collapsed in her mind.

Suddenly the door bursted forward in splinters, men in black armor rushed in, "there she is!" Said one of them and then "Capture her!"

___________________________________

Alice...

Vehretta rolled so that she was on her back.

"So you want a go at it too?" Asked blitz "f I remember correctly your only talent is rendering esens' null and am sure ya can do a lot with that but aren't you forget'n who I am?"

Tsutchie walked forward "I'm both older than and have more battle experience than you, I'm sure I can manage something."

Huh?

(But she's so small.)

"Yea sure, we both know you're jus buyin time for Van to finish whatever he's planning, " blitz stated "obviously some plan to capture me."

He was smiling.

What's with this guy?

Tsutchie laughed and then "You couldn't be more wrong, Ape!" She stated as she pulled a knife from its sheath that was strapped to her leg.

Suddenly blitz stood before her and grabbed her by the throat lifting her off the ground and knocking the knife from her hand in the process.

She grabbed at his arm flailing as she struggled to breath.

"I don't know how yer ability works but am sure that if I do this,"

Tsutchie started shaking violently to the crackling sound of electricity

"You won't be able to tap my esens' , " he finished with a smile.

Suddenly Leo appeared above blitz with his katana pointed down as he used gravity to carry out his attack.

Blitz let Tsutchie go and dodged left and rolling out of the fall and then dissappeared re-appearing behind Leo as he landed. He grabbed Leo's wrist and with a sharp and fluid movement twisted it at the same time sweeping his feet from under him.

The katana fell to the ground and so did he.

Blitz kicked it away stepped in his chest repeatedly.

Vehretta, Leo, Jagga and Tsutchie all were trying to save me. Why couldn't i do something?

Get up...

Get! Up!

Tsutchie's knife caught my eye and without thinking I grabbed it and got up. My feet move on their own as I charged at blitz, the knife in hand.

A faint monotone ringing sounded.

What happened?

I was flat on my back the blade protruding from my chest.

Everything seemed to be moving away stretching.

Blitz looked down at me a wearing a smirk.

My vision blurred and focused.

I didn't feel anything.

I couldn't hear anything save that ringing sound.

I tasted blood.

This is it right?

For a minute everything turned black.

Then blitz being attacked by Leo Vehretta and Van simultaneously.

Black again...

Then Tsutchie over me seemingly shouting something... Though I couldn't hear.

Black again...

Blitz standing over me holding Tsutchie by the throat again...

There must be one last thing that I can do right?

I can't feel anything.

How hard can it be?

My vision blurred.

(No... )

I forced myself back from the edge of unconsciousness and held the knife's handle and pulled.

A jolt of pain rocked my whole body and colored my vision red.

Harder.

Pull harder.

I told myself while ignoring the pain.

Pull.

It hurts... Let go! A part of me wanted to scream.

But as the thought came I remembered something, a familiar face. Someone who helped me once,

someone who I could depend on but didn't,

Green eyes and warm smile.

'Now isn't the time to be selfish!'

I moved my other hand and held the blade and with both hands

Pull!

Pull harder!

Harder!

The blade came free and with all my might I sunk it deep into his leg!

Blitz yelled out in pain.

He let Tsutchie go and stumbled back.

And said something, I couldn't hear.

Slowly everything faded to black.

_______||_______||________||__________

14%

Comment and vote

|.

Finally the fight is finished and i can go back to my old writing style :) or at least for a little while.

|.

Yay!!!