Winterspell (icarus)

My breathing was hard again, why was she doing this?

Tsutchie faced me from the other side of the table.

We had sat down. Probably because Tsutchie was wondering what to do with me. She thought I had betrayed her.

Even though I hadn't, I wouldn't do that... I mean if it wasn't for her an the overs I'd still be in that wretched Forrest.

And...and I didn't betray her right?

The words blitz told me that time came back surprisingly fast. He said that when I was unconscious, because of the dragon, I killed some of his men...

What if I did betray her but didn't know it?

The thought scared me, I could feel my legs tremble.

"Look there are a lot of things I don't understand but I really don't think I'd betray you, or Vehretta!" She looked at me her eyebrows still knitted.

"You see the thing is, I don't know that and until I can prove that I can't bring you back to the clan with me. " she stood and walked away from the table.

"You can't..." I started "you can't leave me here you saw what they did!"

"That's not my problem anymore." She said then stopped. "And .... I'm not in a position where I can be lenient with you."

"Why don't you believe me?" I started "why can't you understand that I'd never do anything to hurt anyone?"

.

"Then why did he seem so damn sure that you would?!" She snapped.

(How could she distrust me so much, why can't she give me the benefit of the doubt?)

"I thought we were friends," my disappointment leaked out in that one statement.

"Do you know why I can't trust you?" She turned to face me, even though she had shouted I didn't realize that she was crying.

The tears made her seem even more like a small child.

"Because my parents both died because I trusted someone and you even remind me of that person, you remind me of her." She wiped her tears "that's why I can't trust you. So don't blame me."

Why?

"My life has been one hell of a ride and almost nothing seemed to go right, but Vehretta," she paused a little "she gave me a home again and a purpose, I'm sorry but I can't risk that."

"Fine!" I stated "I don't need you!"

She looked at me a little surprised by my statement.

(Please... Don't leave me here) I thought.

(Please...)

"Sorry," She said and left.

_______________________________________________________

Alice's mom...

"So what is it that you'd like me to help you with again?" The French woman asked Carla.

"I'd like to talk with-," she started.

"-Eric isn't here." The the woman cut in.

"Then why did you invite me in?" Carla asked as the lady gave her a glass of wine. "Thanks, uh- I don't know your name."

"He'll be back soon and Vanessa's fine," she stated. "I must say I am curious about you."

"Can't imagine why," she responded placing the beverage on the glass table by the sofa. She wasn't about to trust this woman.

"You've slept with him haven't you... You have a familiar scent." Vanessa stated "you don't have to hide it after all, I'm his boss."

"His boss?" Carla asked a puzzled expression on her face.

What could she mean by that? Did she hire him?

"I like that look on your face," the woman stated while sitting next to her and then "you're quite the gem aren't you?" Leaning in she kissed Carla who wasn't expecting anything of the sort.

"Hey!" Carla explained pulling away "What was that for?"

"Sorry about that," Vanessa apologized but seeming quite contented about what she'd done "See I'm used to getting what I want as the head of my clan."

Carla swallowed but tried not to show her fear. "Which clan is that?" She asked.

"Kazemono of the wind," she stated "Now I'd like you to tell me a few things about our lover, Eric."

"Why would -" Carla started but instead coughed and then trying again "wh-" but erupted in a coughing fit as she struggled to breathe.

"That's simple," Vanessa noted while swirling the wine in her glass "I have the antidote right here, you see -poison is an art-"

"Just nod if you agree," she added.

Carla fell to the floor clutching her throat with one hand while reaching for Vanessa with the other.

"Help." She managed even though it was but a small whisper.

16.3%

Comment, vote and follow for alerts about latest updates on this and similar books.