Winterspell ( Solitude )

A hooded man walked towards a small cliff that overlooked a valley where an ogittou training facility rested surrounded by trees.

The moon full but whispers of clouds filled the sky blocking the moon light every now and then.

The wind cast it's gale and ruffled the man's clothes carrying with it an acute hint of lavender.

The tall grass danced in wave like patterns and the trees shook to the wind's flow.

He stopped at the edge and crouched as he peered down at the seemingly vacant building far down in the valley.

He knew that even though the place seemed vacant, there were more than a dozen guard ogittou patrolling the area.

He breathed out and his breath turned to mist before disappearing completely.

His target this time an informant kissing up to the elders, the same person who leaked his friend's (Tetsuo's) where-about the to them.

The reason why Tetsuo was caught and slaughtered like he was.

The man wanted revenge and would stop at nothing to claim it, even if he had to put down others.

(The end justifies the means.) he thought.

The man stood and spread his arms while he whispered;

o dragon give me sight to see in the darkest night and strength to tear my enemies left from right, lend me your wings to block the moon and let blood run, filling your maw and your rune.

With that he leaped, his eyes a violent and fiery orange in the shadow of his hood.

_______________________________________________________

"Hey did you hear that?" Asked one of the guards.

No reply...

"Guys?" A glint of silver flashed in cluster of trees and then off to the right and again to the left.

"Hey this isn't funny!"

Suddenly a silhouette flashed by him and the trees tasted the splatter of his blood.

_______________________*******_________________________

Alice.....

I winced as he squeezed the trigger and the metal click go off.

Then laughter...

I opened my eyes the man in the suit had disappeared.

~The Suimono clan has a historical library does it not? Use it!~ his voice seemed to reach out to me. It seemed loud yet it wasn't.

"Tsutchie he's gone..."

She turned and slowly looked around.

"Where are the other two men?"

She asked.

Her guess was as good as mine. The men she'd taken out were gone and it didn't seem as if they were ever there.

What's going on?

"Who was that man?" Tsutchie and I had exchanged the same question at the same time.

Tsutchie narrowed her eyes. "What was he talking about Alice?"

It was the first time she used my name to me and it scared the me deep inside that thought of us as friends.

Her eyes were more fierce than I'd ever seen her.

"If you're in on this you'd better tell me now because I'm not above silting you're throat and leaving you here to bleed out."

Even at her height she still proved incredibly terrifying.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about..."

"Don't play dumb with me Alice," she stated "where's the note?!"

She stepped towards me.

My hand crumpled the piece of folded paper as I removed it from my pocket, "I thought it was a message from my mom."

She snatched it from my hand "shut-up!"

She snapped.

Her eyes quickly went over the foreign words as she held the unfolded note.

"This is!" She stated "how could you? I treated you like family!"

"I-I don't understand," I tired.

She stepped back until her knife was at her feet the whole time her eyes on me.

"Don't move!"

She stated and picked up the blade.

"This whole time you were planning a cõup?"

"To think Jagga is in a hospital because of you."

She pointed the knife at me, "give me one reason to let you live."

"I don't know even know what it says!"

She looked at me the hatred and distrust not leaving her eyes.

She didn't believe me.

"I don't trust you anymore..."

__________________________*****________________________

Alice's mom....

(Where are you Alice?) the woman thought to herself.

She was dressed differently, her sunglasses and jeans, denim jacket and baseball cap. Her long hair was was pulled back into a ponytail and her cap pulled low. It was as if she was running from someone, the way she had hurried to the airport the day before without so much as a suitcase.

Now she was in Canada and as she stepped from the cab she regretted not wearing thicker clothes, it was cold.

She made her way towards a large old house and knocked.

She looked around and rubbed her hands together breathing on them in an attempt to warm her hands, the place brought an air of nostalgia.

The last time she was here she swore never to return.

(That man is a bastard, but he's also the father of my child and If anyone can help me find Alice, he can.) she thought.

Suddenly the door opened and a woman in revealing clothes and a glass of wine in hand appeared.

"And who might you be?" The woman asked clearly not amused by her visitor, a French accent like silk.

"I'm Carla an, acquaintance of the man who lives here." She lied, hiding the fact that she was married to him.

"Hmm," the woman eyed her and then after a thin and blatantly fake smile "come in."

_______________________________________________________

16%

😒 Ok people when I say comment and vote you know you really don't have to vote but I'd really appreciate your comments.😌

Whether they're bad, good, mild, encouragement, correction or anything. 😊

Ok?😖

Please feel free to comment. 😎