Winterspell (Savior)

Tess...

Tess opened her eyes, the air was dry and and hot and and all she could see was black. Steam rose from below. She couldn't see it but she felt it as it stung her skin.

And scream she did.

"I'm sorry!" She yelled as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry - I'm sorry!" She sobbed "please stop it, it hurts please..."

She was bound to a chair in God knows where. But even though she begged and begged, her captors didn't say anything to her.

And because of that she simply assumed that she had done something and they were punishing her for it.

Though the only thing she could think of that they would hate her for was the life she took a couple years back.

At the time she didn't feel guilty because she didn't do it, even though her parents treated her differently, but as the days became weeks and weeks became months and the months became years her guilt grew. She didn't kill him, she was jealous just jealous and because of that she spread rumors about him.

That's why he was on the roof at that time.

Questioning Alice.

She didn't kill him but she might as well have, because if she didn't spread those rumors, he wouldn't have gone on the roof and if he didn't go on the roof then he wouldn't have fallen.

(I'm guilty, I know... but am sorry, I really am) she thought.

(... I'm sorry)

"Please..." She begged.

Slowly the steam stopped.

And a man in a suit stepped out of the shadows.

And slowly she looked up.

Hair uncombed and all-over-the-place. And the stubble on his chin proved that he hadn't shaved in days.

"Look, don't make this any harder than it is ok?"

He asked.

"I just want you to answer one question, where is Alice?"

Tess looked up at the man, " I-I don't know," she replied.

The man narrowed his eyes and looked at her without saying anything for a while and then...

"We know she called you," he started.

"But my phone's dead." She stated her eyes pleading with the man, for him to understand that she spoke the truth.

He sighed and raised his hand as if signaling something to someone.

No!

No!

Ahhhh!

_________||______||______||___________

Alice...

Why me?

The sun light shone through the branches, making the wolf's white fur seem to glow.

It's teeth bared and spittle dripped from its maw, it's growl hung low on the air.

"Are you hungry boy?" I asked.

I know it's stupid, but it's the only thing I could think of, that might delay it's attack. I could hear my heart beating through my chest and the cold air felt suffocating.

I stepped back and the wolf advanced, keeping the distance between us the same.

Why me?

Why does this always happen to me? Even though I had gone through so much couldn't I get a break?