Chapter Sixteen - The Secret Paradise

I groaned as I slowly lifted my head.

'Wow I have really got to stop with this passing out crap' I thought as I stood on shaky legs and looked around.

Dull brown walls surrounded me, and the scent of wet earth swirled in my noes. Looking closer at the walls I stared at it in confusion as saw small twisty roots winding their way out of the dirt.

I walked around my gazes wandering and widdening at how large the den was, there was enough room in here to sleep five grown wolves comfertably. As I walked I found a small stream of light and followed it until I was glarring at the bright exit way.

I padded slolwly up and through the opening at blinked against the light and gasped.

Wolves of ever color roamed throughout the large clearing and I watched with eyes full of wonder. A small group that was trotting past the den's opening towards the wood and a small lean sabel she-wolf paused looking at me as the rest of her group continued into the woods.

'Good morning Mi'lady' the sable wolf said dipping her head as she walk towards me 'I am Anari, lead huntress under beta Erik' she added and I just gave a small nod.

An odd silence fell between us as I stood there looking around at all of the wolves that still romped around in the clearing,

'It's a bit overwhelming isn't it' Anari stated and I nodded watching as a thickpelted brown wolf emerged from a den across the clearing and a swarm of four tumbling pups followed behind.

'It's just so different than,' I said not finishing and Anari laughed following my gaze to the pups that ran under any wolf's paw they could reach before the brown she-wolf could grab them.

'Yes I assume it is a bit different than being raised by humans,' she said, 'the brown wolf with the pups'is your mother Crystal's older sister Sanna' Anari added and I tilted my head in confusion.

'She is my family?' I asked and Anari nodded.

As if hearing herself being talked about Sanna turned her head towards us and her body went ridged as she met my gaze,

'Crystal?' a gentle voice asked and my head snapped up and I matched Sanna's gaze but I shook my head and I could feel the pain that pulsed off of Sanna but yet she still held my gaze 'Skye?' she added and I felt something stir inside me at that name and I froze as Sanna rounded up her pups and pushed them back into their den before padding over to me.

As Sanna grew closer Anari dipped her head and took off into the woods to catch up with her comrads.

I shifted uncomfertably as Sanna stopped infron of me. Regaurding me with eyes that were clouded with an emotion I couldn't place.

'Skye?' Sanna asked again and I shook my head

'I don't know who that is' I said and Sanna looked confused,

'You are Crystal's pup,' she questioned

'That is what they tell me' I said and she gave a staisfied nod

'Than yes you are Skye, that is what Crystal had planned to name you young one' she explained, 'But you obviously have been given another name, what are you now called pup' she asked

'Siah' I said and a soft laugh rolled in Sanna's throat that I didn't understand.

I sat talking with Sanna till the sun rose high in the sky, injoying the stories she told me of my mother and father and just as she finished a long shadow landed inbetween us.

Looking over my eyes widdened as I saw the large grey wolf that was my father standing there a caring light in his eyes as he walked over us.

'Good afternoon Sanna, I see you've been able to finally meet the pup' he said and Sanna growled