Chapter Four - Not so Alone

I don't know how long I was asleep but when my eyes finally opened and the house was dark. I let out a whine that was answered with pounding footsteps.

Kristie burst into the room her eyes panicked and I froze confused.

"Siah honey what are you doing" she demanded rushing over to me as I sat up on the couch and swayed. Placing her hands on my side to steady me, the room finally stopped spinning and I carefully jumped off of the couch keeping my injured leg tucked close to my belly.

"Put weight on it Siah or it won't get better." Kristie instrusted walking over to me and gently guided my leg to the floor and gave me a gentle push and I gritted my teeth. I made my way over to the back door and nudged it gently with my noes. Krisie walked over but was hesitent her hand resting on the handle. Nudging her leg she look down at me and smiled.

Opening the door I hopped out, the lawn was damp and I sighed dropping to the ground and loving the cold on my wounds.

"Well hey there princess" a soft voice whispered close to my ear and my whole body went tense. Slowly as a shiver rolled down my back I moved my gaze over and cringed.

Laying hidden in the dark, next to Kristie's garden is the black wolf. He watches me with curiouse eyes but his gaze is different, pained. With extended effort I stood up, glancing over at the door that is partaily cracked. Making sure Kristie wasn't watching I limped over to the wolf. Keeping my gaze low I looked at the wolf as he lie, shivering under the leaves of the squash plant. Sympathy rolled through me as I looked down at the wolf, whoes eyes were glassy.

"Um, are you. . . Alright?" I asked gently and the wolf tipped it's head. A low laugh keened up his throat but as I listened it sounded like it was strained, and painful.

"Yeah I'm fine, you just gave me some good scrapes, and that little human pet of yours got me good with the gun" He said and with a grunt he stood up and I scrambled back. As the wolf moved the air stank of dried blood and the start of infection.

With a hard shake of my head I moved forward, biting back my fear. I trailed my noes down the wolf's flank and to his right side. He froze as I moved along his side. First sniffing the bites on his chest, than the hole in his shoulder.

"See I'm fine just a bit banged up" he groaned and I bore my teeth. 

"Lier," I growled as he cringed when I nudged his shoulder and let out a strained chuckle.

"Didn't think I would see you worry about someone, other than your humans'" The black wolf scoffed and I swatted my head against his side and he gasped, before tumbling to the ground. He didn't move for sometime trembling with each breath he took. Guilt spread through me and I tucked my back legs and sat looking at him.

"Is there something I can do?" I asked and the wolf looked up at me, curiousity with hints of hostility in his amber eyes. But as they met mine a another tremor shook through him they softened.

"Help?" he asked his voice a whisper. I sat there for a moment my mind racing as I thought of what to do. With a sigh I stood up,

"Can you walk?" I asked and the wolf looked at me confusion clear in his gaze, but he nodded.

"Than get up, and follow me" I sighed and leaned down pushing my muzzle under the wolf's chest to help lift him up. Groaning with each movement we slowly made our way to the corner of my yard, where the gate that leads out front is.

"What are we doing?" the wolf asked limping next to me and stumbled. With a gasp I darted under him.

"God would you watch what your doing please!" I yelped holding up his weight until he regained his footing and my leg screamed out in protest.

"Yeah, sorry" he muttered moving away from me.

"Alright Princess what's your plan?" the wolf asked leaning against the fence panting,

"You made yourself human once I need you to do it again, and than leave the rest to me" I said and shook my pelt jumping up, pushing the lock bar until it moved out of place. Swinging open without a sound.

"Siah," James called and I shyed away from the open gate and the wolf turned his head towards me. His eyes sad.

"Better run to your human Princess" the wolf said wincing and I turned to glare at him.

"Sorry if this may dissipoint you, but I said I would help you and I intened to" I growled. Shock was the only look that crossed the wolf's face.

"Siah!" James yelled again his voice closer and I moved forward and pushed the wolf through the open gate.

Stumbling we both moved toward the side of the house hiding in the shadows. Another tremor shook the wolf, and when I glanced back down at him he was no longer a black wolf but a tawney haired boy trembling on the ground.

My head tilted back as I howled and James came running around the corner, his eyes wide as he saw the open gate.

"Siah!" he yelled and I yipped.

"No, don't let them take me" the wolf/boy begged and I sighed.

"I promise they won't hurt you" I said and looked and the bullet hole on his shoulder.

"Sadley, I can't say the same about me" I added and bit onto his arm tearing the gash widder.

He looked at me with pained eyes and gritted teeth.

"What was that" He moaned as James came up behind me and I titled my head,

"James is smart he'll put to, and to together" I added and James gasped.

"KRISTIE CALL NINE-ONE-ONE!" James yelled and I lied down next to the boy my head resting on his arm as the pain and blood loss grew to much and he finally passed out.