Chapter Nine - Friend or Foe

We sat in the back of Carrie's boyfriends car. Khoal fidgeted at the tight space and I pressed next to him sighing as I atttempted to calm him down.

"So what you're Carrie's cousin?" The boy (Crete) asked looking back at me and than over to Carrie

"Uh, yeah" I said glancing at Carrie and she gave me an apologetic smile.

When the car finaly stopped we all got out and I looked around: We were in downtown mainstreet. Small restaurants lined the road with the ocasional store dotted in between.

"Well where would you all like to eat I'm buying lunch" Crete said glancing around at us and I looked up expectantly at Khoal but his eyes were lock farther down the road.

"Uh, anywhere sounds good you two choose" I stammered out quickly and Carrie gave me a confused look but I just watched Khoal.

Silence fell amoung our group as Crete looked over to Carrie waiting for her to choose a place.

"Um how about we go to Chuck's?" Carrie asked and Crete smiled and I nodded pulling Khoal after me as we started to walk towards one of the buildings.

Sitting around the table I couldn't help but laugh at the mundane conversations' going on around us.

"What's funny Siah?" Carrie asked swallowing a bite of her salad but I shook my head fighting a smile,

"You know I can see how you and Carrie are related you both are a bit wierd" Crete said and Carrie raised a brow and looked at him.

"Excuse me" she said and he gave her a gentle push with a laugh and she giggled.

Rolling my eyes I looked over at Khoal with a smile but he was glarring out the front window.

'What's wrong with you'

I hissed in his mind and he jumped,

'N-nothing'

he stuttered and I glarred at him.

'Don't lie to me Khoal!'

I snapped.

Khoal turned to look at, me raising his head his lips pulled slightly off of his teeth.

'Don't snap at me Siah,'

He growled but his posture softened, 'I'm sorry. Something just, isn't right.'

'What do you mean?'

I askedd but he shook his head,

'I don't know just something feels off'

he growled.

"Siah, Hello Siah" Carrie's voice interupted and my head snapped up and I looked over at her,

"huh," I said and she rolled her eyes.

* * * * * * * * * *

Sorry it's short but hey it's updated :) (Carrie and Crete on the right)

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT