17. Come Thru

hey guys, sorry for the little wait for this chapter, my Google Drive just keeps tripping. I worked hard on this chapter, I hope you guys can tell. Read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

- Keiana

17. Come Thru

Nia Riley

I woke up from a cat nap I had taken after my shift at Sunny Smiles when I heard my phone ringing from somewhere on the bed. I dug underneath the blanket and grabbed my vibrating iPhone 5S. I looked at the caller ID and almost dropped the phone. It was Mina, what did she want? I swear if Chris told her, I don't know what I would do.

"Hello?" I said as I answered the phone, holding my breath.

"Hey Nia! I feel like I haven't talked to you in so long, how are you?" Oh thank God, she was being nice to me.

"I'm good Mina, how are you?"

"I'm getting ready for this party, I actually called you to invite you to come. Chris told me to invite you, he said come through and chill." I rolled my eyes when she mentioned Chris. I couldn't stand him, all he wanted was sex, and he really played me.

"I don't know Mina, I'm kind of tired." I lied to her.

"Come on Nia, he told me not to take no for an answer. Just come out and enjoy yourself." Why was Mina pushing this so hard? No better yet, why did Chris want me there so badly? We weren't friends, and I didn't even know if we were neighbours anymore. I hadn't seen him since he walked out of my apartment, and that was almost a month ago.

"Alright, I may stop by, what's the address?"

"I'll text it you, hopefully I'll see you later." Mina said.

"Hopefully." I hung up the phone and threw it back right in the spot I found it. It was nine o'clock, and I probably wasn't going to fall asleep until tomorrow morning, so why not go show my face at a party for an hour or two?

Oh yeah, because the person throwing the party was a lying asshole. How was this nigga gonna look me in my face, and tell me that he and Mina weren't together anymore, and then have Mina call me and invite me to a party? How did that even work?

I looked at the digital clock that was sitting on my side table, it was only 9:05 on a Friday night, when had my life gotten so boring that I was in bed before 10 o'clock on the weekend?

6840 Gransborough Lane, come through boo! - Mina

My phone vibrated from the address Mina had texted me. Gransborough Lane, I'd never been there before. It wouldn't hurt to go party, just for a little bit.

I'm gonna come through! - Nia

I stood up from my bed and walked into my closet to pick out an outfit. I guess if I was gonna make an appearance, I had to make an impression. God I hoped going this party wasn't a mistake.

I pulled into the driveway of a huge mansion about an hour later. It wasn't that far from my house, but I had gotten lost half way and taken a wrong intersection, and had to convince myself not to turn around and take my ass back home.

I parked behind a Maserati and turned off my car, just observing my surroundings. Young Thug was blaring from inside the house, and there was a large group of people chilling outside, but you could tell the real party was waiting inside.

I hopped out of my car and walked towards the lit up mansion. Whoever's house this was, it was beautiful. I texted Mina when I was a few minutes away so she could come outside and meet me. I felt awkward just walking into someone's home if I didn't know them.