7. Photoshoots

Okay, so this is a pretty lengthy chapter for this story, most of my chapters are two pages. Also, lately when I've been writing I've been feeling like my writing style has changed, but not in a good way. I feel like I'm too descriptive now, where as in The Unknown I kind of just let things flow. Maybe because I haven't gotten to the drama yet? I don't know, can you guys tell a difference? 

Anyways, comment, vote, add this to y'alls libraries, and I love hearing your guys thoughts on my work! *wink wink, hint hint*. 

Oh, and I'll put the picture Nia took in the multimediaaaa. 

- Keiana

7. Photoshoots

Nia Riley

I was woken up by someone banging on my door like the police. I looked at my phone which was laying plugged up beside me for the time. 8:06, who in the hell?

“I’m coming!” I yelled loud enough so they could hear me. I padded through the condo like I had no purpose in life, I was so tired. Claire had me running all over Los Angeles yesterday looking for her limited edition Naked 3 palette she was sure she’d left at a clients photoshoot. It was really in her trunk the whole time though. Sometimes I swore she had alzheimer's, just like my mom, Sevyn did. Oh Sevyn, I missed her so much. I bet she would be so proud of me, seeing me live my life, living in my own condo, making my own money, being free, and happy.

“Hi?” I questioned as I opened up the door. Mina was standing on the other side with a big apologetic smile on her face.

“I’m sorry it’s so early, but Chris needs the biggest favor ever.”

“Move to the left a tad bit Chris.” I yelled over the loud beat of some hoodrat song. The biggest favor ever that Chris needed was an impromptu photoshoot for his new album, X. We were in a deserted warehouse, with graffiti covering every single wall, and whoever had found the place needed a pat on the back. No paparazzi or anyone who weren’t supposed to know about this photoshoot would even look twice at this place.

“Like this?” He asked and moved just like I told him to.

“Perfect.” I snapped a few pictures of him in this position in front of a black backdrop, and then tried to think of other poses he could do. I wasn’t very good at photographing people, because you had to think about it. Nature just did what it wanted, it didn’t listen to your demands. Also, I was running on three hours of sleep, and I could barely remember why I was here, let alone think of positions for this nigga to get into. I just needed to think.

“Can we take a break?” I walked over to Chris so he could hear me clearly.

“Yeah sure, I need to call my label anyways. Just come get me when you’re ready to start again. And thanks a lot for this Nia.” Chris smiled his million dollar smile and walked out of the warehouse. I walked back over to the area where all my different lenses and backpack were, and took a long sip of my Chai Tea from Starbucks. I wasn’t a big Chris Brown fan, so I didn’t really know what his songs sounded like, except for the ones that came on the radio. I didn’t even know what the feel of this album was. The sound the artist wanted to make come across affected the art, and vice versa. You couldn’t have a album cover with you holding guns and big booty bitches all over, and then you sing about how much you hate your life. It just didn’t work.

“Hey, I just want to say thank you again.” Mina walked up to me and pulled me into a quick hug.

“You’re welcome Mina. I actually need your help though.” Since I didn’t know much about Chris, I figured his girlfriend would.