16. Cut You Off

hey guys, just a little add to hold you guys over. vote, comment, add this to your library, and enjoy!

16. Cut You Off

Nia Riley

I sat across from Claire as she got a new tattoo added onto her arm. She already had two sleeves, but some parts of her arms were blank.

I was texting Chris while I waited for her to finish.

What did your label say? - Nia

They said they forgive me, but I still don't have a date - Chris

Don't worry about it, you just keep putting out good music, and everything else will come. - Nia

Yeah you're right ma, where you at? - Chris

At the tattoo parlor with Claire, you?

Working on these clothing ideas with Mina - Chris

Why was he with Mina if they weren't together anymore? I wasn't jealous or anything, but damn it'd only been a few hours since we'd had sex.

I didn't reply back and instead started playing Don't Touch The White Tile to make the time pass.

An hour later Claire finished up her tattoo, and we headed off to a random cafe to eat and catch up. Ever since I'd moved out, Claire and I hadn't really seen each other as much as we were used to, but we always stayed in contact and tried to see each other at least once a week.

"What's wrong Nia? You've been quiet all day." Claire asked from across the table. I shook my head and told her it was nothing.

"Nia, tell me what's wrong." She urged.

Should I tell her? I knew she wouldn't judge me or anything, but I just didn't want to hear her lecture me about my life and the choices I was making.

Claire really thought she was my replacement mother, and she was constantly pushing me to do and be better.

"Alright, so you know how I told you about how I live next door to Chris Brown, right?" I started. Claire nodded and told me to continue.

"Okay, so we've been hanging out for the past few weeks, and he's really cool and sweet, and -,"

"And you like him?!" Claire interrupted me.

"No girl, let me finish the story! Anyways, he came over last night unexpectedly and I made us dinner, and we ended up having sex."

"You had sex with him?! Nia what were you thinking? What about his girlfriend?" Claire exclaimed and everyone around us stopped eating and looked over at our table.

"Lower your voice! I don't know what I was thinking, I obviously wasn't thinking. And he told me that they weren't together anymore, and they've been having problems for a while."

"Oh Nia, well was he good at least?"

"Claire, you don't understand, he's the best I've ever had. " I sighed, just getting hot thinking about him. I knew we couldn't do it again, God I wanted to though.

"Damn. Well it doesn't matter because you can't see him anymore. Look what happens when I search up his name on Google." Claire pulled out her blue iPhone 5C and searched up Chris Brown 2014 in Google.

"'Chris Brown throws fit in label meeting,' 'Chris Brown and Mina Tran having trouble in paradise?' 'What about Chrihanna?' He's trouble Nia, trouble you don't need. What's the next headline gonna be? 'Nia Riley gets beat up for sleeping with her friends' man'" I rolled my eyes as Claire read all the articles that popped on the screen.