Chapter 24

I was just about to yank the chords out of me, when Mark unfortunately held my wrist in a tight grip. Preventing me from making my next move. “I don’t recommend doing that, you need to calm down.”

He said to me firmly. “Lets be rational about this.” Serge stated as he pushed himself off of the bed.

“Logan, he did say that there is a chance that you’re not pregnant.” My heart beat slowed down as my sanity came back around the bend. “That’s not the problem here though.” Royce initiated.

“The problem is, what are we going to do if he is pregnant. Kristoff would want paternity rights, and i’m sure that as a ‘so call alpha of the rouges’ per say, he would want an heir. It just adds icing to the cake.” He mused.

I flinched, I had nothing to say to that. Everything he suggested was wise beyond his years. “Then what?” I murmured in exasperation, as I looked back down on my bed sheets. “We’ll just have to make sure that no one knows of your pregnancy.” Mark stated.

“I need to run a few more tests though to be certain.”

Hesitation shook me up inside and out.  

“What sort of tests?” Mark sent me a hesitant smile “just a few pregnancy exams that I would normally do with the she wolfs, but since its with you i’m going to have to extend it i’m afraid.” Afraid of what? I didn’t even want to know. It was bad enough that the tests had to be extended, much less left unkown to me.

Royce glanced towards me, “i’m sure that it can’t be that bad.” I scoffed, says the one who isn’t possibly pregnant. Cocky little shit. “You mentioned before that I was an intersex. What is that?”  

I whispered, a little unsure if I wanted to know, but the curiosity inside of me bubbled up through the surface.

“Its hard to explain. All I can tell you is that you...not only have a male part, but also a small female part,  that is a little more dominant than that of your male part.”

Dominant? The fuck is he on about?

Royce scoffed out a hoarse chuckle.  “No wonder I mistaken him for a woman.”

This is not the appropriate time to joke around. But leave it to Royce to not take things seriously. I wonder how his coven deals with the likes of him. I scoffed.

“If i’m an intersex, why didn’t I notice it before whenever I check myself.”

I whispered, as a furious blush spread past my cheeks making them tint red. Callias chuckled before crossing his arms, “Logan.. your lady part is really small, so its bound to be missed…”

I blushed again, and shifted uncomfortably ignoring the squeaking of the bed and the rustles of the pale sheets. I don’t think I would ever want to look down there anymore, after realizing that I have a lady part.

My whole dignity as a man plummeted to the ground in shame. “16,234 bitches. Fuck.” I hissed out as I slammed the bed, with my clenched fist. Ignoring the slight numb, and tingling feeling from it.

“What if I don’t want it? Can’t we abort it?" I asked with hope rising into me. Serge stared down at me in shock, “you don’t want the baby?” He whispered as a wave of pain swam deeply in his eyes.

“I-I don’t have what it takes. I’m just a child. I’m only 16 Serge, what would I know about parenting.” I hesitated out.

“We can do this together, I will help you. I don’t care that he is not related to me by blood, he is a part of you. And I wouldn’t dare to let Kristoff’s hands get on our baby.” He cooed as he approached me with sudden resolve and kneeled down, to place his hand over my stomach.

My eyes brimmed red, as I hiccuped.

“But i’m scared.”

He cupped a warm hand over mine before bringing it up towards my lips shaikly, and kissed each of my knuckles. “I swear by the moon and stars, and by the goddess herself that I will be with you. We will do this together.” He whispered.

I hiccuped again, as I choked back a sob.

“Its okay to be emotional during pregnancy Logan, its nothing to be ashamed of.” Everyone chuckled around me, as I tried shield myself away with my bangs covering my face.

A heavy silence fell over the room, as Serge’s gaze locked with mine.

“Hate to break this fucking disney moment and shit. But we still have a score to settle.” Royce drawled out as he took a couple of steps forward.

“What kind of a score?” Serge murmured.

“My friends are getting a little antsy about the postponement of the trial.”

Serge, Callias, and I shifted our heads towards him in shock. “You said that it was taken care of and now you bring this up? What brought that on?” Callias snarled.

“Well...they want to see blood being shed. And they are kinda thirsty for it. “ His teeth clicked together, as he rubbed the nape of his neck. But...what if I don't want to go anymore? “What if I don’t want to go anymore?” I whispered hesitantly voicing out my thoughts. “That is not possible.” Royce spat out as he patience wore out.

While mine is wearing thin.

Serge's shoulders grew taut and tense at Royces’ abrupt refusal. “Once you say you’re going... you go. This is the court of six, you can’t turn down an open invitation. We don’t take no for an answer i’m afraid.”  I flinched, as I rubbed my arms as chills erupted all over me. Causing the little hairs to stand up from the goosebumps.  

It wasn’t fair.

“But i’m bedridden.”

“Doesn’t matter.” He finalized with a blank exspression plastered onto his face.

I leaned back down on the pillows as I placed an arm over my forehead and sighed out in frustration. I gulped hard as my eyes brimmed red again, and felt a crease form between my eyebrows.

“So when do we leave?”

“Now we’re talking.”  Royce murmured out before Callias butted in…”now wait just a second, we have no way of getting to your realm, how are we going to get there in the first place, and besides...Logan is not in the right condition to be traveling-”

“That’s where my money is involved mother fucker. Special accommodations will be obviously made, we’ll need to leave tonight. Lord Ducan, has already gathered the important members of the council from all over the world. He just needs us and Logan to be there. Kristoff and Nikolas are there with them of course, they’re waiting impatiently for our arrival.”

I gulped.

My body started to shake, as I curled into myself. “Logan, love, don’t worry... we’ll make it out of this. I promise.” Serge tried to console me. Too bad I was having a hard time believing it.

“Don’t make promises you can’t make. We still don’t know whether or not their is life growing inside of him, and we still aren’t aware of Darren’s whereabouts. We have a lot on our plate, and this trial is pushing it to the limits. And since Lord Ducan, is being an impatient and narcissistic asshole. He doesn’t care about how problematic things are going to be for us to get there. When he wants to see blood. He sees blood.”

No one said anything after that.

No one said a word before Royce’s phone began to ring from his back pocket. Making us all jump in suprise. He reached out his hand towards his back pocket, before pulling it out, flipping it open, and putting it on speaker.

“Talk to me.” He mused without checking the caller ID.

A heavy and hoarse British accent answered…”you need to come now. And bring that human ingrate with you, we are having problems. Kristoff broke out.”

The phone line grew dead.

Bloody daggers.