Chapter 21

Count Kristoff hasn't left my dreams since then... I often woke up in the mornings screaming and having Serge try to calm me down, sometimes Callias would come to check up on me too.

These dreams are almost recurring, its the same thing over and over. I can feel his lingering touches glide up and down my skin, hear his voice haunting me wherever I go.

I don't know how much longer I could take any of this. It was driving me up the wall.

They tell me that the vampires have both Kristoff and Nikolas under their care and that they're going to start a trial soon in their realm and they want me to be present for it. Which i'm more or less not too happy about. I wasn't sure how to feel about that. I wasn't sure how to feel about anything anymore.

I didn't want to see that man's face again, I didn't know how I would react if I did. If anything, I didn't want him within' an inch near me.

I shivered.

"You don't have to go to trial if you don't want to Logan." Serge reassured me as he rubbed soothing circles on my back. Why do the vampires even want me to be present for anyways, to sink their teeth into me for dinner? Fuck no. As if sensing my uneasiness about it, he continued...

"They won't hurt you if you do decide to eventually go, the court of six are fully aware of the situation that you're in, you're in the middle of a healing process, it would be inappropriate to do what you're thinking they might do." I arched an eyebrow, how did he know that? "Logan, its written all over your face, besides you're human, it's only natural for you to assume things like that."

I shifted slightly on the couch in the living room, feeling suddenly very uncomfortable and downright awkward. As much as I didn't want to go to the trial, I still felt like I had a moral obligation to attend it. Even if it was just for the sake of justice. "I don't want you to feel pressured about this. Think about it first love."

Serge placed a warm and calloused hand over mine, before leaning forward to peck my wide forehead. I flinched unconsciously at that, I tried not to do it. I tried to avoid that, but my fidgety side got to the better of me. After all, I was still on the edge about being touched.

It can't be helped.

Serge only gave me a half-smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. I felt my heart sink at that. It was because of me that another person besides Callias was left unhappy.

It was because of me that Darren is still missing, and that nothing has been done yet, since everyone is too busy trying to pick up my pieces and put it together. But like humpty dumpty, I too fell off the wall, but I don't think i'm ever going to be put back together again.

"I'll go." I whispered hoarsely while rubbing my elbow up in soothing patterns. Serge glanced at me dumbfounded, "a-are you absolutely sure?" I nodded, as I was left unable to say anything else. "You don't have to you know that right?" I nodded. I still wanted to go regardless. If it meant vengeance.

"You're still healing." Serge pressed on. "It may not be the best idea..." A sudden white, hot blaze of fury rose up in me. "You're the one who asked me right? Well i'm saying I want to go." I snapped nearly surprised at how annoyed I sounded at Serge's negligence.

Serge winced as if a toddler were just bitchslapped by his mom. I rolled my eyes, well...he did ask for it. "Alright, I'll get Callias and a few of the pack members to provide those accommodations then, i'll be back." I gave him a short and curt nod as I pushed back into my seat. It still hurt to walk, and on the pack doctor's orders I had to be confined to a wheelchair for a couple of weeks.