Chapter 10

The evening grew cold and thick quickly. As the darkness never seemed to yield to the thick tension, that cut through the air like a sharp knife.

Not a word was spoken.

Not a single glance was exchanged.

I couldn’t even swallow down anything properly because of how badly my hands were shaking. No one made a move to acknowledge me. Inside I was screaming, while everyone else seemed to be in their own world.

Serge and Nikolas didn’t even acknowledge me that night. They were gone elsewhere with a group of boys. I’m surprised that they didn’t bring me with them.

Not that I cared or anything. On the contrary, i’m happy to be left alone, but even when i’m alone lady luck fails to be on my side. Serge’s father never moved from his spot on the dinner table even when he finished his food. He kept on giving me this look, as if I were to be his next play thing.

I grimaced.

I didn’t want to be here. I wanted to be gone, away from him, and far away from Serge and Nikolas. I wanted to be at my house, snuggled up underneath my bedsheets with the latest edition of my marvel comic books and a flashlight.

 Even if nobody is there, I can still feel comfortable all huddled up in my fort of bedsheets.

He kept on rubbing his stipple bearded chin with his index finger and thumb. The look in his eyes have yet to have wavered or even blink, as his dark and penetrating eyes boldly stared me down.  “Enjoying the meal?” He suddenly spoke.

I nodded hesitantly. His dark eyes shifted when I didn’t respond to him. “You hardly touched your food. Haven’t your mother taught you that its rude to play with your food? Especially when your the guest.” He gritted out.

 I refused to meet his eyes. The nerve of this man. Guest? I was clearly no guest.

Surely, somewhere in his right mind he would have guessed that I was in no mood for small talk. Even for the likes of him. His whole aura screamed danger. And I wasn’t about to take one step forward into that pool or swim with his fishes.

 If anything, he could just kiss my foot or ass. Whichever is more pleasant to him, and with my luck...none.

He cleared his throat, as he used his index finger to stretch out the neckline of his shirt. I was making him uncomfortable. I smirked. He started to shift in his seat, as he abruptly pulled himself out of his chair. “Walk with me, its a good evening out, and the moon seems to grace us with its presence, surely you would like the sight of it.”  He demanded. 

 “No thank you.”  

“Allow me to introduce myself to you then, I am Callias, alpha of this  pack you human ingrate. And you’re not welcomed here.” He all but growled menancingly.

My heart stopped beating as the wind was knocked out of me.

 Wolves? As in Werewolf!?

I couldn’t feel my body, as everything was frozen still into place. My heart stopped beating, I grew cold, and my eyes felt like they were going to pop out of their sockets. My ears were ringing, and 

His body started to shake really badly, as if he was going under a convulsion. And I could hear people screaming at this alpha, trying to get him to calm the hell down.

I really was going to be his next meal. Shoot me now.