Chapter 2

When the sun rose up the next day my stomach began to growl uncomfortably. I couldn't get any sleep last night, who could? And my lips were still chapped, but they have become worse then they were before, and I could barely lift my eyelids. Maybe I should have eaten that soup...My body was weak, and the chains around my wrist were no longer heavy, but now weightless.

I was numb to the touch. How long have I been in this room for? A day, a week, a month? I stopped keeping track after the third sunset. Nobody came in through the door anymore. And the room that I was held in was always dark except for the light that came peeking through the window blinds. I often confused the moonlight's glow with the morning sun's rays, ever since I've been in this room.

Time now became a nonexistent. As hunger took over. I was numb most of the time, and the only thing that kept me sane within' these walls was the sound of the only life that was held within the room. And those were the leaking faucets and the creaking doors. I was probably in some sort of basement. I stared blankly at the wall ahead of me as I started to mentally trace the little cracks and lines in between them.

Has my family noticed that I've gone missing yet? Has the school? Has Darren? I felt another stupid tear drop down my cheeks at the possibility of no one even caring that I've gone. The door creaked open, but I couldn't bring myself to see who my visitor was. I no longer had the strength in me to do so.

"How does he not feel the connection between us Claude?" Claude deliberately scoffed at him. "How could he Serge? He's human." He chuckled. Human? Weren't they human too? I didn't find anything remotely amusing about that. But I continued to pretend that I wasn't listening.

Serge scoffed, when I felt him approach my bedside. He knelt down against the side of the bed, as I continued to act non responsive. A sudden wave of determination kicked in, when I realized that I had to escape. I had to get out of here.

"How long can humans last without food or water?" Serge asked.

Serge snapped his finger in front of my face once, twice, and then a third time when I just continued to bluntly ignore him and stare at the wall. Maybe he's trying to figure out whether or not I'm still alive. Serge growled deep in his throat.

Good. I don't care about this bastard's feelings. I'm saving my own ass, and I'm getting out of here, one way or another. "It doesn't make any sense! The fates must have made a mistake!" He stood up offended, as he made Claude pick up the tray that was now soiled in rotten food. The stench of the meal left a lingering smell,

"Pick this up!" He growled as he stomped out of the room.

Before Claude even picked up a broken piece of glass he turned towards me hesitantly and began to take out a group of keys from his back pocket. I turned toward the sound and scrunched up my face in confusion. Just was he planning exactly?

"Look, I'm going to get you out of here." My eyebrows rose in utter confusion and shock, as I stared at him in disbelief.

"What's the catch?"

"Ah, so he does speak!" He smirked as he approached the side of my bed and sat down on the chair that Serge left behind.

"I apologize on Serge's behalf, he's a bit of a nut job." He tsked while he crossed his right leg with the other. I was in no mood for small talk, when I realized that this man was my ticket out of here. He was trying to get something out of me. He was setting me up for a trap of his own on Serge's behalf. But I wasn't planning on giving in so easily. Not when escape was melting into my hands like putty. "Why does he call me his mate? Or a human as if he isn't one... Aren't you humans?"

"Now you see, that right there is confidential information." I wanted answers. And I wanted answers right now.

"Ah, ah, ah..." He wagged his index finger at me back and forth.

"That is for Serge to tell."

"Why do you even want to help me in the first place?" I managed to breathe out. He only leaned forward; close enough so that I could hear his breathing. He tilted his head to the side, as I grimaced internally at his slithery smirk.

"That is for me to know, and you to not find out. Ever heard of curiosity killed the cat? Lets just say that you don't want to be that cat." He chuckled as he leaned back towards the chair.

"How am I supposed to know that I have your word then?"

"You aren't. Didn't your mommy ever tell you not to trust strangers?"

"Didn't yours?"

"Touché! For a human, you aren't half bad." He chuckled.

Human? Wasn't he one too? There he goes again. Claude began to fiddle around with the keys, before he managed to pick the right one that apparently fit the lock around my wrists.

"You see, lately I've been feeling very...thirsty." He began. So have I, I wanted to say.

I scrutinized my eyebrows as I tried to move my body a little away from him. Not that it wasn't much of help because this bed was really small so there wasn't much space for comfort. He suddenly took a whiff from the air as he let out a low, and throaty hiss. The fucking hell?

"You smell so delightful." My eyes widened as I let out a breath and screamed.

His eyes! Those eyes! Instead of Serge's yellow eyes his were a dark red color. Was he on drugs too? He opened up his jaw, as he let his teeth elongate as well as his fingernails.

His finger nails were turning into razor sharp claws when he suddenly jumped up from the chair and made a dash towards the bed in a flash. The thing jumped on top of the bed and slashed the side of my face with one of his claws, I let out another hoarse scream pierce the air. While he had me straddled down with one of his legs on either side of my hips.

He wrapped my throat around with his hands in an attempt to choke me to death. Tears spilled down my cheeks, as my sobs echoed through the room.
This couldn't be happening to me! My world was going to shit. My vision began to fade, when the door was kicked open. Serge screamed out my name, and I could faintly hear his footsteps coming toward me.

And for once, I actually wanted to see his yellow eyes.