Chapter 3

Serge's POV:

Logan was slipping in and out of conscious ever since he was attacked. And being human, made it even more challenging for him to heal quickly. I sighed in frustration at the idea of him not being able to wake up. Just when I had him in my hands; he decides to leave me.

I knew that Logan was my mate when he was just 12 years old. And as soon to be alpha of the Silver Bane pack, its difficult to have to watch him grow up and not be by my side. I've longed for him to be near me, and to wake up with me in the mornings.

Almost every other member of my pack has already either met their mate or have gone through the mating process. When he turned sixteen, I decided to finally take him in the only way I knew how to. For years, I've followed him home to and from school to make sure he was safe. I knew his address; I knew where his parents worked, and when and where they got off from work. My mate was alone most of the time, which made my heart ache for him. I was thankful for Darren in a way, he kept him from loneliness and always invited him to outings.

I also did a background check with Darren and a pretty good number on him too. My mate lived a good childhood, and when I was not able to check up on him I made sure that some of my pack members did. By the time he was thirteen, a job opening for the neighborhood mailman surfaced. And I immediately knew that this was my chance to get closer to him. I took the job on the spot, by mostly flirting my way through, and got to work.

I only delivered mail to Logan's house, and made my men deliver the rest of the mail from different parts of the neighborhood. By now, I knew mostly everything about Logan. He is a morning person, and likes to go for a run around the block at 6:00 AM. He prefers tea over coffee, and he is a vegetarian. He is a marvel comic book junkie, and he has an obsession with science fiction movies. Everything about my little mate was perfect.

However, I've longed to hear his voice, and to feel the smoothness of his skin. My wolf was growing impatient, and restless, so I gave into his desire. It was a big mistake on my part, I thought I had more self-control, and the minute his scent filled the air, my wolf was already stirring on the inside. Just yearning to be released. But the more that I held him back, the more he retaliated. And before things could get out of hand, I made a break for it.

I moved his body to my room now, where he could rest more comfortably and recuperate himself. He was so beautiful in his sleep, and just by watching him, made my wolf start to purr like a crazy ass cat in heat. I brushed his hair away from his eyes, and sighed blissfully in content when my skin tingled. He was so perfect, and he was all mine. I let out a low growl when my door knocked. "Who is it?" I growled out with a clenched jaw. Whoever interrupted my time with Logan, was going to get it.

The door opened and Nikolas, my beta stepped through. "Serge, just wanted you to know that the vampire has been taken care of and is currently being on trial for treason." I nodded my head at him in approval. Serves him right, Claude put his hands on my beautiful mate's face and deserved to be punished. He deliberately broke our truce, surely he wasn't so stupid to not know the consequences of manhandling an alpha's mate.

He even tried to convince him that he could escape with Claude when Claude wanted to keep him for himself. I should have known that Claude had poor control of his bloodlust. He lied to me.

"Good. And the boy?" Nikolas paused, and hesitated to speak before he dared to switch the subject. "Alpha, I don't think this is the best idea." I growled. "I didn't ask for your opinion! I asked you a question, did you or did you not get your hands on the boy?" He whimpered and shook his head. "He's a lot tougher than he looks alpha." I growled, and forced myself to restrain my wolf from losing control. "We'll think of another plan then." Nikolas nodded. "Why do you want him for anyway, isn't Logan your mate?"