Chapter 20

Warning: Graphic scenery ahead. 

My eyelids were still half hooded as I fought to keep them peered open. I don't understand. I was shot, but I didn't have any pain. I could hardly move much less twitch a muscle. "He's not dead I didn't kill him, don't get your panties in a bunch Serge." Serge growled at the insult, and began to shout ruthless profanities at him. "I just sedated his ability to move. So he wouldn't cause any problems." Nikolas smirked, while he swiftly by passed Serge's insults. Taking it all in like a boss.

Then he glowered down at me with his eyebrows pinched together. "Excellent Nikolas, well done." Kristoff noted. "Why Nikolas! We grew up together like brothers!" Serge cried out to him as he desperately tried to reach out to me, but like Callias he too was confined under the restraints by the rogues.

"We were never brothers in the first place." He spat.

A tear drop slipped past my lashes and glided down my cheek.

"I don't understand."

"And you never will." He muttered to him without another glance. Kristoff let out a low whistle before clapping his hands. "Ho, ho, ho...family drama is just pitiful isn't it? Where's the popcorn when you need it?" He chuckled. Darren is gone. I was too late, and I couldn't reach him. He is gone.

My heart sank into the pit of my stomach.

Callias' face was masked in pain. He couldn't even unleash himself from the rogue's restraints. And I still couldn't move. Kristoff took one curious glance towards me, and stepped forward. "Get away from him you bloody bastard!" Serge cried out in distress. "Don't fucking touch him!" Kristoff smirked as he leaned down to me, he flicked out his tongue and licked his index finger up and down before he smeared it across my cheek. Making me wince.

"So...delightful." He hummed. My heart couldn't stop hammering against my rib cage. "Nikolas, make sure to watch over the premises while I take a look at this little one." No! What is he doing? Where is he taking me? He reached down and carried me over his shoulder in one quick motion before turning to Nikolas. "I'm sure you can handle things from here can't you?" Nikolas hesitated before he worriedly looked towards me.

"Fuck you! You mother fucking two faced cunt! Release him! Let him go!" Serge is writhing. Please don't let him take me, Serge, please. You promised, you swore to protect me and love me.

Worst part about this... I couldn't fight back. I couldn't say anything. I'm scared. Serge promised, he swore that he would protect me. He didn't.

He kicked open the first room that he saw, and kicked it back closed with the same foot. Kristoff threw me on the bed, and knocked me out.

I was cold. Since when was it so cold? My eyelids slowly peered open, but I had a hard time adjusting myself to the light, I fought back a cringe but winced anyways when the light smacked my face...nearly blinding me into oblivion. The first thing I noticed was Kristoff wearing nothing but a white robe, sitting in the corner with one leg hooked over the other. He was bumming up a cigarette, while taking a sip of vodka.

Once he swallowed the last bit of vodka he spat it out in distaste and rubbed his mouth with his left wrist when he glanced up at me with a dark gleam in his eyes. What was his deal? Why was he staring at me like that? I didn't understand his motives. But I wasn't ready to come to terms with it. Not just yet anyways. But then, when I tried to move, it was only then...that I realised how uncomfortable my body was. It was stiff and sore, and my muscles were very taut and tense.

I cringed even further when he peered up at me with a knowing smirk. He threw the empty bottle of vodka to the side and let it shatter making me flinch involuntarily. I tried to move my wrists, but I froze when I heard a clink and a clatter. I moved them again, and my eyes widened in disbelief. I shook them harder and harder and found no use, they were both bound in rusty chains.