Chapter 29: Family:

Holymolywe'reinchapter29.

Dedicated to a fan who fangirls with me about this.

Unedited, feel free to point out any mistake.

Chapter 29: Family: 

Many people never are happy with what they have and the people around them. But as I looked around the dinning table that night, I smiled, I had a broken family that was slowly but surely on its way to recover and I would make sure it did. Broken hearts, wondering minds, bruised skins and lost thoughts were all guests on the dinning table.

As we sat down for dinner, a light conversation was kept, thanks to Drew.

We were sitting on the dinner table, Drew facing Lea who's next to Alex who's facing me.

"What are you planning to study later?" Drew asked Leah, interested.

I looked at Leah because I never thought about asking her that. "I don't really know," she said, staring at her plate.

My heart clenched, and I hoped she wasn't thinking of giving up her life because of what happened.

"You always wanted to be a journalist," Alex pointed out.

"Really?" Drew asked, "You'd be a great one, I'm sure."

"I'm not really sure, you know," she shrugged.

"But you have it all; the good looks, the intelligence, and the confidence," Drew said.

Leah blushed, but Alex had to ruin the moment, "I'm right here, you know."

"And I'm here," Drew grinned at Alex, unfazed by his comment.

Leah and I rolled our eyes at them and tried to hold back our laughter as they went back and forth.

"That's not what I meant," Alex face palmed.

"I'm just pointing out where I'm sitting," Drew shrugged.

"I think everybody knows that."

"Except you because you pointed out where you're sitting first."

"I told you I didn't mean it like that."

"But I understood it that way."

"Your fault then."

"You're annoying, I don't know what my sister sees in you."

"Right back at you."

"We're friends."