Chapter 23 - Best worst day

Chapter 23 – Best worst day

Jillian’s POV

I was home alone, seeing as Brittany had left for her so called business trip.

“Business trip my a$s.” I muttered to myself.

I was currently watching How I Met Your Mother reruns. I laughed every time Robin yelled D*mn it Patrice!

Riiiiiiiiiiing!

I sighed and hastily answered the phone.

“Hello?” I asked.

“I leave you alone for barely a day, barely a day, and I get a call from the hospital saying you were in a car accident. I have been calling you for a week! And you had the audacity, the nerve to ignore my calls!” Brittany shrieked.

“I was hoping you’d have been calmer by now.” I replied coolly.

“Don’t speak to me like that!” Her tone was icy. “Who crashed into you? Do you know their name?”

“Yup.” I said popping the p, just to annoy her.

“Who, Jillian?”

“Does it matter? I was speeding, I got hit, it’s all my fault, end of story.”

The name, Jillian.” She pressed, getting more and more annoyed.

I sighed. What’s the worst she can do?

“Dan Adams.” I replied.

The line went dead.

“Hello?” I asked. “Hello? Brittany!” I called.

I was just about to hang up when she spoke again. “I will sue him.” She snarled.

Now I was just downright pissed. “How the f*ck do you want to sue him if I’m the one at fault?”

“We’re filthy rich Jillian, I can figure it out.”

“You’re such a hypocrite Brittany!” I screamed filled with disgust.

“I forbid you to see him.”

“You can’t do that Brittany.” I deadpanned.

“I can and I will.”

“No, I mean you can’t. Where are you now Britt? Tokyo? Moscow? Paris? Drowning your feelings in a foreign bar? You want to stop me from seeing him from wherever the hell it is you are now?”

“Stop talking.” Her breath quickened.

“YOU JUST LEFT ME ALONE! I HAVE NO ONE ANYMORE!” I yelled.

“Jillian that’s bull-”

I hung up and collapsed on the couch.

She’s probably never coming back.

****************************

I will still on the couch staring idly at the wall when I heard the door open and close.

“Brittany?” I asked hopefully.

“Guess again Cottontail!”

“Oh it’s you.” I said simply, trying to hide my disappointment.

“Well don’t get too excited.” He plopped down onto the couch next to me and kissed the side of my head tenderly. Taking my hands in his he urged me to look at him. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

I sighed. “Brittany left.”

“What? Why?”

I shrugged. “She just needs time, I guess.”