Chapter 11 - Liar! Liar! Pants on fire, nose as long as a telephone wire!

Chapter 11 – Liar! Liar! Pants on fire, nose as long as a telephone wire!

Jillian’s POV

I jumped off the stage. How I managed to jump off in heels, I have no idea. I suppose after a while, you get used to it. I often went to clubs in my free time - which was basically whenever I wanted. People were clapping and some guys were ogling me. Usually that wouldn’t have bothered me, but ever since the near-rape event, I always felt slightly on edge around strangers. Although, I doubt that with Dan around, anything bad could happen. As much as I hated to admit it, I felt more serene around him. Speaking of Dan, I have to have a quick chat with him. How had he figured out that I was The Bomb? Jenn and Stef most definitely hadn’t told him, they didn’t know about my secret. Come to think of it, nobody did. Except for Dan.

I sighed and wiped a bead of sweat off my brow. 

“Hey baby, did you like that?” I asked Dan playfully.

“Wish you did that all time.” He smirked.

I planted a soft but quick kiss on his lips, and then I turned to Mark.

“Well, I am truly exhausted. I think Dan and I will be heading our way now. It was really great to catch up with you. We have to do this again.” I smiled. Have I ever mentioned how much of a good liar I am? No? Well then, I’m a phenomenal liar.

Dan slinked his arm around my waist and we headed out the door, in search of his motorcycle. Where did we park the damn thing? Ah, whatevs, we’ll find it.

“You’re a really good actor.” I told him.

“You’re a really good liar.” He countered.

I grinned. “The things that I could get away with would surprise you.” I said mischievously.

He shook his head and rolled his eyes. “Like what exactly Cottontail?”

I stopped in my tracks. “Like, being The Bomb.”I said casually.

A smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. “Yes, that was quite the bomb… Pun intended.”

I scoffed. “So, what gave it away?”

“Let’s just say, I don’t think his car was wrecked because of a trucker.” He smirked.

“You saw that?”

He chuckled. “You bet your pretty little baseball bat I did.” He winked, then he paused. “Just remind me to never get on your bad side.”

It felt somewhat satisfying to be intimidating again. Before, I felt different around Dan. I felt myself going soft. But now, I felt like myself again.

“C’mon.” I said, picking up the pace and surpassing him.

“Someone’s in a hurry.” He mumbled.

“You should be too, or I’m leaving without you.” I warned.

I got to the bike first and swung my leg over it, waiting for him impatiently. Before getting on the ride, he took a step back and snapped a picture of me on his motorcycle.

“What exactly are you doing?” I snapped.

“I need to put a picture for you in my contacts list.” He shrugged.

“Idiot.”

I snatched the keys and shoved them in the ignition. The engine purred and we were off at the speed of light. Okay, maybe not that fast, but we were definitely passing the speed limit.