Chapter 8 - Running into trouble

Chapter 8 – Running into trouble

Jillian’s POV

“It was okay.”

“For goodness sakes Jillian! Was it a good kiss or a bad one?! Tongue, no tongue? Your leaving me hanging here!” Stef exclaimed playfully.

I sighed. “Was the kiss fun? Yeah, but it doesn’t mean anything. Plus,” I added. “If there’s anything I’ve learned in life, it’s to never take anything for granted.”I finished bitterly.

She glared at me.

“You’re such a sour puss! You suck out the life out of everything!”

“What the fuck Steph?”

“Don’t you what the fuck Stef with me! I’m trying to hold a girly conversation with you and you have to bring IT up.” She spat, emphasizing on the it.

I groaned. “UGHH Stephanie, I did NOT go there, YOU are the one bringing it up!”

“Yeah, well you were GOING to bring it up! You always do! Ever since that ass crack TP-ed your house, your dad’s accident and all the rest, you’ve built a brick wall around yourself Jill! You can’t keep pretending that everything’s okay, you need to talk to somebody!”

“I. Am. NOT. Going. To. See.”I seethed through my teeth. “ANYBODY!” I screamed. “I’ve had e-fucking-nough of all this bullshit!” I raged.

I grabbed my sweats, my sports bra and my Ipod and rushed to the bathroom. I got changed and ran downstairs. I banged the door open and closed it in one swift motion. I needed to run. I was really good at running and it always used to block me out from the world. All I could feel was the wind whipping at my face, my hair lashing at my cheeks and mouth, the adrenaline soaring through me as my feet slapped the searing pavement.

I ran nonstop at a constant pace. I was really proud of myself, it was much better than I usually do. I took my earbuds out and realised. Shit, it was getting dark, better head back. Then, my phone rang. Looking at the caller ID, I saw it was Stef, I deliberately ignored it. Shortly afterwards, Jenn called too.

“Ignore!” I said, as I pressed the decline button. I sighed. Right, well, time to go home.

I walked down the street as it got darker. After a while, I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around briefly and saw a very important business-like man. He was tall and was wearing a black suit with a silver tie. I turned back and continued my walk. After about ten minutes though, I could still hear someone behind me. I jabbed an earbud in my ear and ran. The footsteps got closer and I thought, what the heck is going on? Oh God am I being followed? I risked a glance behind me and immediately regretted it. The business man was trailing behind me. I had to think, quickly. I knew I wouldn’t be able to outrun him, after all, he was a grown man and I was a teenager. I turned into an alley and waited for him to pass by and keep going on. My back was pressed against the wall and it took a great effort for me to hold my breath. Please let me not get mugged, please let me not get mugged.

Abrubtly, I felt a dry hand grab my wrist. Shit. It was the suit guy. Crap! Crap! Crap! I wanted to run, but there was nowhere to go, it was a dead end. Just my luck.

“Hey beautiful.” He said in a low whisper, his breath reeked of alcohol.

“I don’t have any money.” I managed to utter.

His eyes were full of lust when he said “You don’t have to be scared of me beautiful, I just want to have… some fun.” He smirked.

Getting mugged sounded quite appealing at the moment.