Chapter 6- The actual birthday

Jillian’s POV

When I got home, I couldn’t wait to go to bed. It was already close to midnight. But then I thought maybe I would paint my nails. The latest Sally Hansen Triple Shine had just come out and I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t super excited to try it out. So I took the bottles out of my closet. I reached for the blue one and shook it. I unscrewed the top and pulled out the brush. Carefully I slowly dragged the brush along my nail and-

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING! RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!

Damn it! And I was doing such a good job!

“What.” I yelled in the phone, not bothering to check the caller ID.

“Cottontail! I am offended! Here I was, going to wish you a happy birthday and you just-

“You were going to what?”

“I said, I was going to wish you a happy birthday.”

“Uh. Okay? Thank you?”

“Hey Cottontail?”

“Yeah?”

“That shade of blue suits you.”

“What shade of blue?”

Something in the corner of my eye caught my attention.

“Ahhhh!” I screamed. “Holy shit. What the HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY BEDROOM AT...?” I glanced at my clock to see the time... “MIDNIGHT.  MID-FREAKING-NIGHT!”

“Well it is officially your birthday.”

“I really need to change the hiding spot for the spare key.” I mumbled.

“Now,” He says, stepping closer to me. “Time for you to open your present.”He sang.

He got me a present? I do like presents, I’m very greedy that way. But I didn’t want a present from him.

“Well, aren’t you going to open it?” He said, shoving a white box in front of me.

“Look I don’t know what got you thinking that I might want a present from you but I don’t. Okay? So just save it for someone else.”

“No. This,” He said gesturing the box. “is yours. Now take it because I doubt I’ll be able to make much use of it.”

“No thank you. Now if you would just leave-

“Just open the box.”He said, his voice rising a little.

“I am not going to open the box and that is final. And don’t you dare even walk through that door at such a crazy hour in the morning. Now get out of here before I wack you on the head with your damn box.”

Who the hell did he think he was? Walking into my house at such an hour!  I could’ve thought he was a burglar or something and killed him with my ninja skills.

Idiot...

He gave me his all too famous smirk and left the house.

Annoying idiot...

***********************

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The sound of my alarm clock pulls me out of my comfortable slumber. The first thing I see is the white box Dan had left for me. I didn’t want it. I didn’t want anything that he bought with his money. I wanted to know what was in it but decided better and left it aside. I cleared my mind of him and concentrated on what truly was important.