Leo: Part 2

A/N: Wait...Me actually posting two parts in just two days? Not two months? I'm shook.

Thanksgiving Morning

"Leo! Do you want to help cook the food for tonights dinner?" Calypso's mother, Tethys, asked as she came into the living room, catching Leo and Calypso playing a video game.

"Mom! Stop bothering him" Calypso said. A few seconds later she slams the control on the floor when Leo wins again. "Screw you, Leo Valdez!"

"Someone's a sore loser," Leo teased. Tethys chuckled.

"Yeah, she has always been that way. But, anyway, how about it Leo?" Leo shrugged his shoulders.

"Sure"

"Leo, you don't have to. Mom!" Calypso glared at her mother who gave her an innocent smile.

"It's fine, Cal. I don't mind"

"Yes, Cal," her mother said in a teasing voice, "He's okay with it. Now come along!"

Leo followed her into the kitchen, suddenly feeling anxious of being in a room alone with Calypso's mom. When she suddenly turned around to say something, he took a quick step back.

"Don't be so tense, it's only cooking." Tethys assured him. Leo laughed nervously.

30 minutes later...

It actually wasn't bad. Calypso's mother was very kind and patient whenever he had trouble with something. Leo would tell her his jokes and she would laugh. It was like spending time with his mother again...

But still not the same.

At the thought of her, Leo's mood changed and he was now making cranberry sauce with a frown on his face.

"You okay?" Tethys asked when she saw Leo's frown.

"Huh? Oh...yeah," he gave her his best smile and continued making the sauce. But it seems that Tethys wasn't having any of it.

She grabbed the bowl he was making the sauce in and placed it on the counter. Leo didn't look up as she talked.

"Leo..." she placed a hand on his shoulder, "Calypso told me of...the reason why you spend the holidays at the school."

Leo figured as much. No parent would let their daughter bring a boy home for a week. Especially, not one they don't know. So Leo figured that Calypso told them he was an orphan. Make them feel guilty if they were to turned down the orphan boy. Leo's fist clenched at the thought of that.

"The reason why I wanted you here was so that I could...make you feel part of a family." Leo kept looking at the counter.

"You know of Calypso's father, it was hard on all of us. After, he was put in jail...our family wasn't the same. But at least we still had a family, even if it's broken. I wanted to...give you that experience again."

Leo didn't respond.

"I understand that it must be hard talking about this, and I'm not expecting you to. But I just wanted you to know...that if you need anyone to talk to, to listen to, to cry to...I'm here for you." Tethys tried to get a good look at Leo but he kept hiding his face. She started thinking that she shouldn't have brought it up when she suddenly felt someone hugging her.